Nord Drum 2 - Hesitation

Yes that would be a thing of beauty.

1 Like

if they would at least make a new version without the pads.
And Iā€™d love to have indivdual audio via USB outputs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bought an ND2 off someone from this forum last year and Iā€™ve only just got round to having a proper play on it since last weekend. The sounds you can get and the tweaking abilities are amazing!

I am currently using it paired with my OT through which I send Midi signals and mangle the ND2 audio. I will add my MD to the mix soon as I suspect that the sounds from the 2 drum machines will compliment each other.

1 Like

Yes it does. It transmits knobs as well, and program changes.

1 Like

Anybody worked out the bank and program changes from Digitakt to Nord Drum 2?

Vitalic have a fun with nord drum

1 Like

What is he using for the main controller with screen? Looks like Abletons clip launching screen.

Looks like something custom built, it says something like ā€œKoomoc Vitalicā€. As is often the case, the camerawork isnā€™t very helpful if you want to check what gear he is using. I canā€™t find a Nord drum in his setup, I do see a Nord Lead 4R

1 Like

Nord Drum 2 arrived yesterday after a very modest auction offer. It has totally surpassed my expectations - the organic sounds you can sculpt are really something else. I was in two minds between the 3P or holding off until a 2 comes on the market. I wanted the versatility of the triggers and the option of having pads or not, which I think are both huge pluses over the 3P.

The 6 triggers are wonderful and after a couple hours with pairing it with my modular (Grids, Pams and Meadowphysics) I think Iā€™ve found my ideal drum source - so much so that I sourced a new Nord Pad to complete the package (and easily store away when not in use). Itā€™s no wonder they are so hard to find these days

2 Likes

The ND2 responds really well to modular triggers, enjoy!
For itā€™s size, build, sound design and sound quality itā€™s hard to beat! (No pun)

2 Likes

so now that I bought a ND2 again (got one two years ago but had to sell it due to financial situation) Iā€™m thinking of adding the iPad app from nord beat to the setup.

of course Iā€™ll sequence the ND2 via OT at home but as Iā€™m travelling from time to time Iā€™d like to take the ND2 with me, so the app seems easy to handle (instead of the OT).

what do I need to trigger the ND2 via iPad, is there a direct connection or do I also need a converter like my interface?

You need a midi interface (usb class compliant) and the usb (camera connection kit)? adapter for iPad. Something like the Roland UM-One mkII.

1 Like

thanks, I do have an interface that seems capable of doing so. Iā€™ll check secondhand markets for the camera connection kit.

1 Like

I use irig midi 2. Also recommend Patterning as an alternative app to Nord beat.

1 Like

Beth Ditto, thatā€™s my set up tooā€¦

I have Patterning 1, so donā€™t know about 2. To sequence ND2 I would choose Octachron over Patterning because you can sequence multiple CCs. Also its AU allowing multiple instances.

http://numericalaudio.com/octachron/

1 Like

Thanks for that Octachron illumination, I like the look of that!

1 Like

Just paired up the ND2 with Digitone. They sound SO GOOD together.

4 Likes

I also use the Nord Drum 3p with the Digitone. Wish I had the ND2 because no fx and a bit more sound shaping options. But in my opinion the best drum synth engine ever made. Wish Elektron could adopt that ND2 synth engine into some kind of Digipercussion.

4 Likes

I have a cck to sell, the one with the lightning port to charge in the same time, if you are in europa