Noob Question on Overbridge

I‘m thinking about how to best integrate my AR MK1 into my studio setup. I noticed that with the individual outputs you „only“ get the Pre-FX Audiosignal + without compression or distortion (or am i wrong). With Overbridge i wasn‘t quite sure if i can get the compressed+distorted Signal of each individual soundengine and multitrack record it into Ableton or if i can only get the sum (L+R Signal)?

Maybe someone can help me with this. The Goal ist to get live multitrack going without losing the compression+Distortion capabilities of the AR.

Thank you!!

The ADC Tap is basically at the same point as the analog ‘Tap’ … so the digital voice stream is the same as the analog one

There’s one compressor, so there’s no way to have compression on multiple tracks separately and the compressor is on the main outputs only

So live multitracking won’t give what you hope for … you’d need outboard compression etc to get closer to that

1 Like

Ok guess i‘ll just try and create a pre-set in my daw with some prepared multi-track compression and distortion.
If i wanna play live without the DAW i can just use the compression of the AR through the main out.
Thanks for the info!

1 Like