No sound output from AR - help!

Hello.

Two days ago my AR was fine. Now there’s no sound coming from any of the outputs (headphones, L, R, all the others).

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• turning off a few times
  • checking the tracks aren’t muted! haha
  • changed patterns
  • changed projects
  • checked all the cables
  • unplugged MIDI

I can hear a tiny tiny amount of output noise playing but only when i turned the gain on my mixing desk up all the way, and the levels all the way up too (this is not usually needed)

Help please! I’ve have a gig in a few weeks :sob:

I just upgraded from OS 1.02c to d and that didn’t fix it

sounds bad!
maybe try a factory reset.
and check at the routing settings, but i am afraid that that isn’t your problem.

thanks so far. If i do a factory reset, am i going to have to reload all my samples again?

I just ran test mode in the startup menu and got the following information, which means absolutely nothing to me:

1 ERRORS
UI:[+]
NVRAM:[+]
DRAM:[+]
FPGA:[+]
+DRIVE:[+]
AUDIO:[-]LR12345678
UI FIRMWARE: 1.1

I just tried a factory reset and that didn’t help

Don’t have a manual in front of me, but it looks like your AR has an error, and that error looks to be on the AUDIO system: error LR12345678…which kind of explains the lack of audio…would check with Electron support.

2 Likes

I’m not an expert but if you ran TEST mode and get one error and not an hasard AUDIO:[-]LR12345678

Exactly the problem you had … it smell like a Factory Repair for me. it sucks for you LIVE sorry for you… Maybe someone could help here, i hope it for you

1 Like

I think you’re right!

I’ve emailed support. If i have to send it off to sweden does anyone know what the turnaround time is on repairs?

Appears you’re not the only one :
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/turned-on-my-rytm-today-and-no-sound-lr12345678/6942

1 Like

Nope not idea of the time for a repair :frowning:

damn! :dizzy_face:

oh shit! problem solved - it was the power supply!!

oh wow, who’d have thought?

3 Likes

Do you have any ‘midi in’ going to it?

I’ve had sound outs on my AR a few times but coaxed it back to life; I suspect I was sending it bad midi though.

yeah but only midi clock. looks like it was the power supply from my MM or MD of all things!!

1 Like

Hi
your problem has been solved?
because I tried to change the power supply, but noting change.
Help me please!

yes, solved. it works fine after the power supply swap. i was using a PSU from one of my other Elektron machines

1 Like

I get this problem quite a lot. I only have the one elektron machine and no power supplies to swap. It seems to be an intermittent problem that always resolves itself in time. I would say it seems to be a software bug as the rytm can always be coaxed back into life with enough restarts etc. But yeah the test page will say there is a problem with all outputs but I suspect there is nothing physically wrong with the machine just a software issue.

hello, just had the same problem and i had to say : thks for the tip !! it was just an fucking powersupply swap :wink: nearly two hour this morning searching what happenning :wink: … so lets play now !!!

2 Likes

I just opened a ticket with support because I turned on my Rytm tonight and had exactly the same problem.
I ran the test mode, reloaded the OS, wiped the machine…not until I swapped the PSU with my A4 did I fix it.
Thanks for documenting what solved it in your case.

2 Likes

Me too i came back at home from my work and poeff no sound at all! :frowning: the day before the night before everything was fine.
WHAT I DO NOW ??? HELP