No sound lock function?

Or am I stupid?

Sound locks are definitely there.

I donā€™t have a DT, but sound locks are mentioned in the manual. I did a quick search of the pdf for ā€œsound lockā€ and the first mention of them is on pg 33 under Parameter Locks.

I assume you just parameter lock the sample changes like you would with any other parameter.

Edit: Pretty sure I saw Cenk do it in one of the demo vids too.

Hold the trig down and twist the sample knob

That would be sample lock. Iā€™m talking about sound (func+level knob) locks. AR and A4 both allow this.

1 Like

Oops, apparently I still occasionally read sample and sound as the same thing.

It does say sound locks wonā€™t be erased when erasing p-locks, but there is no section on sound locks, which seems odd.

1 Like

Hmmmmm, gotcha. - Yea, that I donā€™t know

1 Like

DT has no project sound pool.
So the hold-trig-and-twist-level-knob thing is unused.
Maybe there will be a sound pool in the future, maybe something else?

5 Likes

Canā€™t you just lock the velocity? Or sample level or amp vol? trying to lock the level comes up with a lock mem full message so maybe its planed down the line but you can get very similar results from 3 other places.

Yeah other p-locks can accomplish this for the most part. But it would be nice if we could sound lock. I saved the same sample with different start points as different sounds. Would be much easier to lock them per step than having to dial in the start points on a p-lock. Also Iā€™m just used to this feature from the AR and itā€™s strange to be without it.

1 Like

you can ā€˜lockā€™ a sound, if you mean write protect a sound within the sound browser

goto imp/exp
select sound
click right , scroll to the bottom
click on the lock icon.

1 Like

Not what I meant. Locking a different sound (func+level knob) per step

Thereā€™s a feature on the Akai s20 (sampler) where you can ā€˜lockā€™ samples, so they loop, and longer samples (with a Digitakt, 33 seconds) play for their duration, without decaying or anything. How can I do this on the Digitakt in 2017?

apologies for hijacking the thread.

You can p-lock end point, amp env (INF) and/or play mode (loop), but any additional trigs with the shorter sample will cut off the long playing version