No sound from Digitakt when syncing with Digitone

Digitakt plays fine thru headphone jack, but when playing with the Digitone connected only the Digitone has sound output to speakers,

Cables are Digitakt LR into Digitone input LR. Track levels and Master Volume levels ok, just no sound from Digitakt once I connected it to the Digitone.

Digitakt running 1.11. Digitone running 1.21

Any help appreciated.

Do you have the volume turned up on the Master page?

Yeah sounds like the inputs are not turned up on the DN.

1 Like

Not sure how to do that, I’m new. Is it with the T1-4 buttons (tracks)? Is the Master page the landing page when you first turn the DN on?

Thanks again

Press and hold the FUNC key and then press LFO. That will get you to the Master page. You should see 2 volume controls in the upper left of the screen. Those should be turned up. You might want to pan the left input, hard left and the right, hard right. HTH

1 Like

I’ve also heard that you don’t need to increase the gain on the inputs very much because they’ll run too hot. Unity gain isn’t at the top. Listen for clipping and reduce where necessary.

1 Like

50 is unity for me

1 Like

I go even lower. Around 27-30 for me, but I don’t have monitors, just headphones.

1 Like

Thank you Electromatic and RandomSkratch. Perfect answers on both! Much appreciated. Got 'er going.

1 Like