No sound from Analog Heat Mkii

Hello,

I have no sound from the Analog Heat Mkii when using as a VST. The Heat is connecting to Overbridge and showing up in the Overbridge control panel, but when i drag the VST on to either the master channel or any track channel, all audio is muted. I can still see audio output on individual track meters, but on the master channel absolutely nothing.

I can also see a moving waveform in the Heat VST when the VST is activated, there is no audio. Additionally when i move any knobs on the Heat, nothing changes within the plugin.

I contacted Elektron support and they initially came back and said the driver may be blocked, but I have followed their steps about restarting my Mac and then navigating to Privacy in System Preferences but there are no blocked drivers. I have also tried changing the audio settings in Ableton’s preferences but no luck.

My setup:

• Ableton Live 10.0.1
  • MacBook Pro (late 2012)
  • Yamaha Audiogram 3 as soundcard connecting via USB to Mac. Output connected to my Mackie monitors
  • Analog Heat Mk2 and Analog Rytm Mk1 connected via Elektron Overhub (along with various devices… Moog Sub 37, keyboard, mouse)

I’ve read the manual and looks like it’s audio over USB if you use with Overbridge on the desired channel? Similar to Rytm?

Please can anyone help me out? Really want to work on some projects with the Heat.

Thanks,
Matt

Bump! :slight_smile:

solution?fix?

I have this exact same problem, but in Windows 10.

It worked once, and then everytime I open the plugin up, I get zero audio output from the VST

Do you have an software mixer of sorts for the audio interface? Can it be that the Heat overbridge sends the audio to a “virtual” channel in the software mixer that doesnt play in the DAW?

the same and nothing change! any solution?

Have you tried it on an aux channel?

yes,aux send chann and no sound!

I’m having the same issue now… was working fir over 12 months now now sound

It’s super-flaky for me when I use it with Overbridge. I will work sometimes. Sometimes I need to reset the device. Sometimes it won’t work at all.

@Athan @thomaso @calnyc @thermionic @Patch77 @vinja

Mine wasn’t working either, but I had to set the latency of my soundcard to very low like 256, although it works sometimes the buffer gets spikes.

The Analog Heat plugin had a message for audio buffer length in the bottom left corner

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Any solution on this? I have the same problem.

have you tried to turn it off and on again? :slight_smile: (Roy’s voice from IT Crowd)

sorry could not resist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anybody figure this out? I am getting the same problem on the Heat MK1 running OS 1.20 on a Mac. When I turn the wet knob to 100% I get no sound. This is frustrating! Any help is appreciated!

Same deal, I’m Using an MKI with overbridge 2.0 and os 1.2

My AH MkI suddenly also didnt send audio as a VST anymore. The reason was, that ive set the buffer size in ableton much too high (for some other reasons…).
Keeping it below 1024 and it works again. :okej:

3 Likes

it works but AH is off. there’s sound though

I was struggling with this issue with my Analog Heat MKII for a long time and now I connected my new Analog Heat+FX hoping that it’s gone and got the same issue again. Thank god I found your comment!

1 Like