No songmode, what's a nice solution? (digitakt + digitone)

I never saw the lack of saved chains as a “problem” personally, it’s just not a feature.

Still, it would have been nice to experiment with when I had the DT + DN together.

so long as you put the prog change on the bar before it changes…it werks. but mind your pattern lengths :wink:

What’s the state-of-the-art for this?

I remember someone had an application for saving and sending chains?
If I’m connected via USB for recording, I’d use that :slight_smile:

There is a Max4Life plugin for Ableton as far as I know. If I wanted to use a “song” mode I would just sequence it from the pyramid. Makes it easier to adjust parameters aswel on the digis.

Do like all the musicians with any instruments, learn your song and play it.

Yep, it works pretty well: Elektron Pattern Clips! Now with Arrangement Mode!

1 Like

Did I dream of this small Mac application? Somewhat vertical layout, window wider than tall…

What if you’re already playing guitar, drums, horns, bass, etc? Most people only have two hands. Songmode exists for many reasons.

1 Like

make a band

1 Like

Add a Polyend Tracker?

1 Like

GitHub - mcjlnrtwcz/digitakt-song-mode: Song mode for Elektron Digitakt is what I was thinking of.

1 Like

I do make bands, but I also do solo stuff. I don’t like when my gear impedes my progress.

Strong is the tree that bends.

2 Likes

Can you use the tracker to send program changes? Anyone tried this.

Sorry to exhume an old thread. I’ve read through it and most of the conversation is about whether these boxes should have a song mode built in - worthwhile conversation but not an answer to the question really.

The question is - what’s a good bit of kit to add a song mode. Only real answer seems to be Pyramid… for me the better bit of kit would also do something other than sequencing, and the boxes sequencers are what make them great. Or a pc… but many of us don’t want to be clicking around with a mouse. Or octatrack - obvs!

Any thoughts?

Octatrack. Ridiculous though that you need to add an expensive device for song mode.

It’s called “price tiering”.

It’s the kind of stuff that gets marketing boys all excited and gigly - It’s not a pretty sight.

And yes, you are exactly right, it is annoying that you need to buy more boxes to do stuff that would be easier done with only one or two boxes.

1 Like

That’s a silly argument, Digitakt with a song mode would still be very different from an Octatrack, lacking most of it’s more in depth features. It would just make it a lot more usable in a live set for example.

Cheapest reliable solution is an A4mk1. Song mode and performance macros, plus as a bonus, a 4-voice polysynth that does great synthesized percussion.

4 Likes

Pattern chain

Better FX than the OT, too. Would be a good synergy with a DT since you maybe don’t need a second sampler and midi sequencer.

1 Like