No Sample Locks on Model:Samples : Discuss

We talking about the definition of the sample wave if it can not make chain sample ??

Not sure. Just a bunch of discrete samples separated by gaps of silence, but all contained in one wav file.

I wish you could lock the LFO to integers fo rthe sample start parameter. Randomized samples from chains would be amazing.

Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

But isn’t the sample start parameter an integer value itself, so setting it with a real number (as the LFO) gets truncated to a whole number?

It plays in between samples on my 120 sample chains :frowning:

That would be a surprise to me too if the samples are all identical length(or equispaced such that any two samples could be swapped over and the chain would index start points identically) and there are in fact 120 in total

On the AR (or OTwith 128) this would not happen, it cannot land in between those integers the way it can on the higher 14bit(approximated in decimal in UI) resolution DT afaik

Ugh, I just assumed this was already possible; didn’t even take into account the possibility that the LFO isn’t capable of modulating by integers.

To take it a step further, it would be extra amazing if you could choose the length of the modulation “units” to be even more than one integer. That way, if you wanted to use a sample chain that only had 6 samples, you could set the size of the “units” to be 20.

Ahh that would be nice as you could use chains besides 120 chains.

I am a little worried as the floating point LFO is ideal for literally every other use case.

The randomized / LFO sample selection would be amazing with the ctl all feature. I have seen a few really amazing performance systems using randomized sample selection banks.

To be honest, I’m surprised randomized sample selection hasn’t become standardized in samplers by now. Having a few randomly selected round-robin hi-hat samples as opposed to using only one sample can add a lot of life imo.

As for the M:S, I definitely wouldn’t mind one extra hidden parameter someplace to adjust the unit size for the LFO modulation.

I can live without sample locks but would be reasonable to have a way to choke hihat samples without messing with sample chains