No New Gear Year 2023 AKA NGNY 2023

Very interesting idea! Just beware - Virus TI2 fits your rule :wink:

But it’s not really a lie. It’s an explanation. It makes sense, doesn’t it. There was really no alternative. Anyone else would do exactly the same thing. You can’t be so rigid that you can’t make an exception sometimes. It was such a small thing anyways. Plus i had the money. Who even notices ? Besides i asked a friend and they said it was alright. And i know several other people all with the same commitments, and they were OK with it. What’s the big deal anyway ? Life goes on.

OK maybe i’m not perfect, but who is ? And you shouldn’t compare yourself to others anyway. And besides next time i’ll get it right. It’s better to be accepting of yourself.

And technically it really wasn’t a breach. I said i would, unless X happened, how was i to know. And now, well it’s all off isn’t it.

And besides, i didn’t start it, they did first. Life goes on. It was such a small thing.

1 Like

Rationalization may start hitting when you are being tempted with a new product announcement.

Hold the line !!!

5 Likes

So glad i can’t afford that thing.

3 Likes

so glad i’m using ableton as a multirack recorder and don’t actually need it, looks amazing though

1 Like

Watch this and you will hold the line!

11 Likes

Seriously!!!

I don’t use Live/Push and I was tempted. Ultimately reminded myself I’m good! All good!

1 Like

Seeing some people already buying the push 3 and here i am considering whether i should drop 49 on the softube sh101 clone or resist GAS

1 Like

It’s wild how people are tempted by Ableton marketing. Buying stuff just because it’s new and has hype.

Stay strong kiddos :metal:t2:

8 Likes

Not sure newness and hype are the sole reasons, but it’s hard to stay strong these days…
But you’re right, there is no need to jump on the wagon right now. Letting the dust settle and refocusing on what we have feels like the right path.

2 Likes

Most definitely.
Push 3 I would hold off on at least until people have gotten them and we can all see what kind of bugs and missing features it has at the ground floor.

1 Like

One thing is sure: they know their target, and hit pretty hard.

1 Like

Ableton has always had fantastic marketing.
I remember back when the APC4 and M4L came out, and then the earlier Push stuff.
Just based on how that stuff went down, definitely has me holding off for a bit.
The are so good at showcasing gimmicks and hooking me real hard, only to realize those gimmicks are just a small part of what it feels like to actually use the stuff.

1 Like

Yes, I was instantly hooked by the obvious power. Only to remind after a few hours why I wasn’t playing with Live (that I already own).
I earned 2k€ today.

5 Likes

Yeah I haven’t been using Live now for years.
Maybe it will inspire me again in some way :man_shrugging:

I’m more into getting an A4 MKI and sitting on the couch with it using a battery and wireless headphones.

2 Likes

I’ve seen flagged posts for less…:smiley:

Havent bought anything, THOUGH i exchanged some eurorack modules for an other (STEP-8)at my local store. No money involved. But maybe thats wasnt allowed. :innocent: Anyway, kinda happy with the progress.

Gasing a bit for a Roland S1, love the aira compacts but i have stuff to cover it so should be good.

I finally bought one of these for my summer vacations:

for those who are hanging in :+1:

10 Likes

The halfway point is July, not June though? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes