No New Gear 2024 #NGNY24

You should write a self help book about that. I would buy it!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

1 Like

I absolutely fucked this :rofl:

I bought an iPad, Zoom Sampletrak and OP-1 (OG) in the space of a week. Seems I’m still vulnerable in times of change - a lot of change at work and in life recently, along with a lot of general overwhelm, and I caved.

4 Likes

you need to reform your hab… oh…

1 Like

Still doing well here. However, the Digitakt mk2 rumors are causing me to visit the forums more often again.

2 Likes

Almost 3 months in and pretty proud of myself considering my tendencies. Somehow gassing for the currently on sale Digitone E25 even though I don’t need it. Hopefully SB is a let down for me this year. One day at a time.

2 Likes

You could join the YouTube Fast ( thread ) for a week or two, mid-May and mute the SB thread when that arrives. You resisted that little keyboard thingy successfully, ULTIMATELY, you’re strong and tough. :smiley:

1 Like

So…

My setup is the most stable it has ever been from a playing and enjoying what’s in it perspective.

BUT…

I think I need to go from the 3rd Wave desktop to the keyboard. It is a synth that I want the absolute maximum version of.

Now to figure out how to make that work.

:laughing:

(…otherwise no changes to report…)

I appreciate that. Two things I’ve never been referred to as. :muscle:

2 Likes

Still going strong here :+1:t3:

2 Likes

In order to live up to your forum name you have to first have the habit to reform from. You’re off to a perfect start! :wink:

3 Likes

Using the Force, I’m guessing.

2 Likes

No, but I am with the resistance.

2 Likes

so far so good! I have a large tax bill so that kills gear budget and still need to sell off stuff.
Making it two consecutive years in a row for me is possible.

1 Like

Having a hard time right now. Sold some things and I am saving that money to get an analog poly next year, but a real good deal presented itself for a used OB6. Luckily, I was able to restrain myself, but not sure if I could have made it if someone else had not outbid me…

Now back to trying to create that Oberheim sound on the A4….

6 Likes

I’m out. I had to get some guitar and bass stuff to be able to do what I need to do for a project. 2025 then.

1 Like

I am out as I failed after 3 months. Got a Roland J-6 that was available as a used unit. Not really ashamed but wish I could have held out longer. New goal is to go for the rest of the year without new gear.

Trying to sell of some of the machines that I haven’t really used yet and that I have bought with a real need for them. Sorta slim down the setup.

1 Like

Not necessarily feeling like I’ve failed, but I got some extra cash as a gift and I ended up buying an electric piano that hides away into a desk so my intention is to use it as a desk in the living room for my work laptop to get away from working on the couch and maybe when I need a work or lunch break I’ll flip up the cover and play some piano. But I swear it’s a desk! As it is, this is my longest streak without gear in probably 6 or more years.

1 Like

there is a good oberheim patch available on the A4 that sounds pretty good.

1 Like

prolly won’t survive Digitakt II :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I have always wanted a Prophet 10 and major sale on them now. Very tempting! But I have an Oberheim so not really sure if Prophet needed.