No Midi CC's for the ratio offsets?

So apparently there are no midi cc’s to control the ratio offset’s, aka fine-tuning of the operators?

Why is that?

Thats one of the things i would really love to control with my midicontroller…

i agree! its awesome to have those on quick access on a midi controller.
i think the reason why theres no CC for them is because CC standard only goes from 0 to 127, while ratio offsets have -0.999 to 0.999, roughly 2000 values, which is why its NRPN only.

check if your controller can send NRPN messages, you might be in luck!

Here’s another possible work around. It’s assuming you are going to be using a DAW. I’ll give an example here with Ableton which is what I’m familiar with.

I have Digitakt Overbridge as a VST on a channel. I can expose any of the overbridge controls to Ableton by clicking configure on the vst and then clicking the control I want to show up there. Once the control is visible I can then midi map it in Ableton. So Ableton and Overbridge are acting as the intermediary between the midi controller and the digitone. This might be similar in other DAW’s I guess.

1 Like

To control the ratio offsets via midi cc set the controller to cc #1 and choose the ratio offset and the desired value in the modulation setup from the mod wheel.

This method could also be used with breath controller and aftertouch.

4 Likes

Thats the perfect awnser! Thx

1 Like