No audio output on new Digitakt

Hello!
I just received my first piece of Elektron gear, a new Digitakt. But I’m having an issue, I don’t get any audio on the headphones and stereo outputs… I can hear something very fain in the distance on the right channel but that’s it.

First I couldn’t get the unit to be recognized using Overbridge either but since I figured that out, the audio over USB is working just fine.

I’m concerned this is a hardware issue… am I missing something?

Thanks!

Are you using a mono cable in the headphone out? sometimes that will cause problems with the headphones stereo output shorting to ground.

1 Like

Have you cranked the Master Volume. Do you have Samples loaded?

You have several ways to adjust the Volume :

Master Volume knob
Level/Data knob
SRC page
Amp page
Mixer page (Func + hit LFO page twice)

1 Like

Yep, I looked at all of those. I feel like it might be the master volume knob that isn’t working. Is something supposed to change on screen when I turn that knob?

RobertSyrett - I just plugged headphones in the headphones output.

I also opened a support ticket with Elektron.
Thanks!

No.

maybe you can open a new project and see if the problem is persistent? I would even try that without having the DT connected to the computer. Maybe sometimes overbridge or a DAW could change parameteres without us knowing.
If that doesn’t work, maybe I would try a factory reset and then keep looking?

I was able to fix my no sound while the usb was connected problem by changing the latency buffer size in Ableton Live to 256 Samples.

1 Like

Did this problem just happen to you now? and on the current 1.50OS? good tip, thanks

1 Like

Happy first post old timer!

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Wow, I guess that was my first post, didn’t realize. Yeah, it just happened with 1.50OS. The Ableton buffer was maxed out at 2048 samples.

2 Likes

Hi there

I’m experiencing the same issue. My stereo outputs are very low compared with my headphone output.
I’m using a Y cable from DT stereo outs connected to an SSL 12 interface sending signal to ableton. I hope that is an issue with my cables. The volume knob do very weird sounds when turning volume up. But as soon I’m monitoring from headphones I get normal sound and knob works as it should.
I was very worry thinking it was a problem with volume knob. Do you have any advice? Thanks!

The inputs of you SSL are mono.
So you are sending a stereo signal to a ballanced mono input

1 Like

Thank you for the reply Kenneth. It has being a complicated musical journey, as I’m learning synthesis and all the technical stuff by myself, so I really appreciate your help.

Do you think that the cable is causing the weird noise from volume knob, what cables do you recommend? Usually I’m using same Y cable with my Typhon without issues.

Thanks again and happy new year!!!

No worries, we’ ve all been there :wink:

I think because the situation is not the best

2x TRS jack to TRS jack
See pic

Or just use overbridge😉

I suppose thats because the typhon outputs are unballenced

Or the Y cable is an insert cable
But I dont think so
I think you are just using a 2 times mono jack to 1 time stereo jack

Just in case

You have ballanced(RTS)and unballanced cables(TS)

And you have mono and stereo

Those two are two different things

The first is a way of electric wirering off the cable and thus the kind of signal

The second just means you have 1 or you have two signals, tracks, mics recording the same instrument,outputs on your synths etc

On an unrelated note, 2048 sample buffer is going to cause mad latency. You want it as low as possible.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m now ordering the correct cables. It seems like an insignificant thing but there is not so much info on choosing right cables. Thanks a lot​:+1::pray::pray::pray::pray:

You are welcome