No arpeggiator when playing from DAW

Hi Everyone,
I am an very much a newbi to Elektron gear, but right now I’m playing around with an Analog 4 mk1, overbridge and Cubase 10.
I know the Cubase support is limited but i’m willing to test and try what works and not, and be happy to use what works.
A recommendation in the Overbridge documentation is to only use the audio from the plugin and only send the midi-data to the overbridge plugin. I am doing this and it works fairly well once i figured out that I needed to filter away the midi-input of the plugin so it doesnt drown in it’s own data.

One thing that puzzles me a little is that I can’t the the arpeggiator to sound while playing sounds with arpeggiator though the plugin. The arpeggiator sounds when I play on the small keyboard on the device and also when I send midi directly to the device without using overbridge.

Is the arp working poorly in overbridge mode and has been disabled by the creators for this reason or is it something I have done wrong which makes is not sound in overbridge mode?

I have overbridge 2.0.35.4 and Analog Four 1.40A.

Thanks for any tips or tricks.
/Björn

Do you mean with AN arpeggiator in Cubase or do you mean with the arpeggiator setting ON, on the hardware itself?

I’m only guessing, but could it be that you need to send to the right midi channel? If ARP is on track 1, you need to send midi to that channel, and not the auto channel? Hope it makes sense, regards
Alex

Hi!
Thanks for the reply. I’m trying to use the built’in arp in the Analog Four.
As I mentioned it works when playing the instrument physically and when sending through the midi channel in Cubase. I’ve used channel 1 both for the plugin track and midi-track. On the midi track I can play and the ARP is activated and plays. When I play on the plugin track I only get the sound without ARP.
My workaround now is to play through the normal midi driver and take the audio directly from the device without using Overbridge.
/Björn

Same for me, since ever.
Back in the days you could send midi through auto-channel and the arp used to work, but no auto-channel with overbridge.
Hope they fix that cause it’s an issue.
To me.

1 Like

Same here. I hope this feature makes it at some point. Playing wide chords with push and aftertouch sounded amazing with the A4 arp.

Bump. So this is still a thing? Would be nice to be able to use the arp when using Overbridge and just playing it through the DAW.

And another bump, this still seems to be an issue, I can’t get the arpeggiator to work from an external keyboard. Also turning the arpeggiator on and off causes overbridge to disconnect that particular track…