Nightweaver's music - ambient/downbeat and surroundings

I’ve been anonymous reader for some long time, also tweaking knobs on my gear and overdoing stuff for never been released anywhere or mainly not finishing them at all. Not to mention I’m extreme introvert :).
But recently I started to feel the need to present my stuff in some eye-pleasant way, so I need to get it started somehow - I’ll drop some of my music here from time to time, hope you’ll enjoy.

The base for “Static” is Digitone in a song mode and MC707 in scene chaining, A4 and TB03 play their roles too ;).

10 Likes

Cool track and nice soundscapeish vibes

Love this @nightweaver - lush sounds and moody vibes - right up my street! Keep em’ coming! :+1:

Thank you guys for warm words.

Here is another one - “Dissolving”, I gave up songmode this time and it seems more comfortable even though the piece itself is rather structured.

2 Likes

My new track I initially started on A4 noodling with dub chord type sounds, but end up in some four-to-the-floor headbanger (I guess…) with 90’s vibe and all these dub and a little of psy elements I had on beginning.

Few technical liner notes - I hope usefull for someone interested, comments and tips are ofcourse welcome.

The drums are processed within MC707 by an effect called “humanize” which is a kind of formant filter miming the vovels - I’ve found it sounds interesting with drums. For MC707 I needed to attach cheat-sheet small stickers under scenes, because I was constantly mixing up the buttons, even though I put an empty spaces to mark separate sections. Custom colour definition for scene button would be a nice feature. Anyway - I found scene chain to be a very good way for transitions, and here I’m using one scene to release the tension slightly (scene not chained) and then the transition scene with riser etc. (chained) that triggers next part and at the same time I can focus on muting or knob tweaking of other layers during the transition. It’s unfortunately not the same as with pure Elektron workflow with pattern queuing and fill button.
On Analog Four of course I’m again doing this knob tweaking in performance mode - I just can’t resist :). It’s still my most desired feature for Digitone. Speaking on Digitone: lots of p-locking here, mainly on lfo multiplication factor controlling the filter.
From the visual side - I tried to play with DaVinci Resolve and gear screens, but I did it for the first and last time :slight_smile: - it’s so CPU heavy, and whatever I did (smart caching, minimizing the parcticle number and parameters) it did not help and was almost unmanageable to finish the project.

1 Like

Sounds dreamy and dubish, I like it!

1 Like

My new track linked below. Here I wanted to play a little with mood changes, and as usual I had dilemma which genre it fits the most :slight_smile:
Few technical liner notes in the video description. I also put all four tracks to bandcamp.