#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

I’m in! Going full time on music so time to stop buying stuff and focus on eh survival. 21 was a year of investments. 22 will be a year of focussing on sustainability. I also made a totally ridiculous purchase yesterday so that’s the giant cherry on top of this year. Time to stay clean in 22 :stuck_out_tongue:

Great topic and I’m sure help is needed sooner or later.

16 Likes

Added! :raised_hands:

1 Like

The worst thing is, I’ve had to edit my gear list a couple of times because I forgot about stuff I had. That’s a very bad sign. And yet I’m now thinking what can I get before jan 1. I really need a no gear 2022.

10 Likes

I can’t commit to this, although I won’t buy one thing without first getting rid of at least 2 things, which I have been quite good at sticking to for the past couple of years.

Inspired by @LyingDalai 1 out 1 in idea a couple of years back.

7 Likes

Although I think it’s generally a splendid idea, I’ll pass.

• I’m pretty sure my audio laptop is going to break down next year.

• I’d love a perfect mixer for jamming/playing out live, but it doesn’t exist yet.

2 Likes

I bet before this commitment it was looking about half empty!

5 Likes

Funny, I was about to list the thing I was going to use and after the tenth item it began to feel a bit weird and contradictory to list my gear in a topic dedicated to minimize the importance of gear.

8 Likes

Great idea but I am not strong enough for this. Sorry, guys! :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Of course there is a completely filled plan on ModGrid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

why is your laptop breaking down?..mine is almost 10 years old.

1 Like

Because mine is only three years old… they don’t make 'em like they used to?

My setup for 2022:

At home (studio room) :
MatrixBrute
Elektron A4
Eventide H9
Strymon BlueSky
Korg Kronos
Korg Minilogue
Korg Wavestate,
OT

At Cabin:
Linnstrument
Hydrasynth
Cobalt 8M

In living Room
MPC One
(sometimes) Linnstrument

3 Likes

thats horrible considering how much they ask and the restrictions they apply on the customer…maybe you can get an older one.

All I can add to this:

OT users will be very happy.

2 Likes

I’d be perfectly happy with adding the OT to the cabin setup alone. I’d also like a cabin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…i invested big time this year, since my main sources all go back to itb full on now…
so, i can clearly state…i never ever spended that much money on plugins…so far… :wink:
damn, this new generation of cpu’s and plugins are breathtaking like never before…

only hardware i will still record next year is enner, a4, ot, lxr, nord rack xt, nord drum and cycles…plus, as always, of course… micings micings micings…voice remains the oldest instrument of all times…

but hey…we all gotta buy at least one more thing, next year, don’t we…?
a syntakt…if not, there might be no elektron company left in 23 to talk about… :wink:
they really deserve a hit…
so…

1 Like

I had the OT in the living room, just recently added back into the studio (to learn more about sampling stuff from other instruments rather than just using existing samples on the card or in the OT), and have also brought it to the cabin (had it with me here for a week last summer while I was alone with Merlin’s guide and the manual). When I am ready, I will do that again.

3 Likes

Add me to the list!

I don’t have high hopes for success given my impulsive tendencies, but I’m getting married this year and need to be shuttling money toward the wedding fund and not to the hobby fund.

My 2022 set up should be:

7u 104hp Eurorack
Digitone
Digitakt
M8 Tracker
Volca Sample
Fender Telecaster
Fairfield Shallow Water
Yellowcake Your Mom Fuzz
DigDugDIY Diamond Hands
Launchpad Pro Mk3
NTS-1
Keystep 37
Pigments VST
Neural DSPs

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Alright!

• MC-707 has become my workhorse sequencer / midi controller / mixer / overall idea generator.
  • Model:Cycles is my darling dream FM drum machine that pulls double duty with melodic tones and FM wildness overall.
  • Liven XFM is getting more and more interesting as I play with the morphing synth engines like the extra LFO that wobbles between patches.
  • Gecho Loopsynth is still my little meditation machine.

WHOOPS

• Forgot I have a Monotron Delay, PO-20 and an ocarina in the car.

Feels like cheating the game, but got a Boss VO-1 Vocoder pedal and the Liven Bass & Beats preorder on the way early next year.

2 Likes