Next Sequential Release

Fingers crossed for a legit successor to the Pro 2!

2 Likes

hold off on the OB-6 unless you feel you need it soon. my guess is we’ll hear more about the rumored OB-X by end of the year…

which’ll be great, because then just like with the Prophet 6 and Prophet 5, we can all sit and wonder “how different is the OB-6 from the OB-X?” and those who’ve played both can answer questions like “should I buy the OB-X if I have the OB-6?” and J3P0 will have to do a demo comparing them, etc, etc…

sunrise, sunset.

3 Likes

Need? What’s that? :wink:

The OB-something is in the cards but not this year probably.

1 Like

From the article:

In the same interview, Dave announced with a smile on his face two new Sequential Synthesizer products for this year. A new instrument will be released in July / August so in summer, and one later in the year. Very exciting. But he didn’t want to go into the details.

July/August. The article also speculates on what may be coming, though there is no official word. I would agree with the surmise in the article that neither new product will result from a collaboration of S and F.

Good on Sweetwater for making this video.

12 Likes

The interview is really good. They all seem like really nice people who love doing what they’re doing.

4 Likes

I wonder if the OB-X will actually include Curtis filters as well as the SEM based SVF. Switchable like on the P5/10. That way, it would be essentially an OB-X/Xa combo platter.

4 Likes

I GAS’ed for an OB-6 for a time.

That was before finding the P5 at Chuck Levins, in the same room an OB6, P6, Moog One, etc.

3 Likes

I sure hope so!

I bet Mitch from Sweetwater brokered the deal. He seems like a real wheeler-dealer.

2 Likes

I love his mentality: “I’m an Engineer, not a business guy” and “I want to spend my time designing synths”. Legend. I appreciate him wanting to retire from doing the stressful business stuff and do the part that he loves.

5 Likes

That would be cool af.

I hope they do an 8+ voice analog poly with switchable filters and modern features like a screen, big ol mod matrix and 2 fx slots per patch.

Also an MPE keyboard, feel like theres a lot of synths and apps with MPE support but controllers you either have the hydrasynth or linnstrument or a pad based one, just not a lot of options imo.

Currently the last one on the list is the Prophet 12 Desktop, then the OB-6/Pro-6’s, then the rev2.

Seems like the OB6/Pro6 are still under active development and support, which means the Pro-12 and rev2 might be due for a refresh?

1 Like

The Prophet 08 lasted a decade before getting a second revision. I’d imagine the Rev2 still has another few years to go before anything new. Some kind of follow up to the 12 seems likely though.

3 Likes

Since Sequential has applied for the OB-X trademark, I bet that will be one of the two that are coming this year.

And I would imagine a follow-up to the P12, with some similarities to the Pro-3 is coming. In the same way that the Pro 2 and P12 were kissing cousins.

2 Likes

Whatever it is, I’m already saving up for it.

10 Likes

Wavetable synths are ‘in’ right now. Curtis Filter reissue is in their hands. Prophet VS2/Poly Pro 3 type of synth? Wouldn’t be a shock at all.

2 Likes

Please make this be a successor for the Tempest.

11 Likes

Heheh - me too.

1 Like

Dear lord, yes.

1 Like

We’re in this together mate :facepunch: