Newbie AR2 Output Levels Question

Hi all,

I’ve spent several hours scouring the manual, the web, and YouTube, as well as the forum here for an answer to this question, so forgive me if the answer is obvious:

My AR Mk2 is updated, Overbridge is updated, and I’m using an M2 based Mac, with an Apollo Twin X interface. My issue is, when I’m running the AR through Overbridge, the output levels are very VERY high. So high, in fact, that they continue to clip unless I go into the individual levels on Overbridge, and lower each one to about 5-10 percent (i.e., nearly off.) This happens on all kits/patterns.

My first impulse was just to reach up and turn down the main volume knob on the AR, but that has no effect in Overbridge mode. (I’m not sure why this is, but most of you probably know.)

My web searches show a great majority of people complaining that the AR’s output levels are too low. I feel that this is something obvious that will probably make me smack my head when I find it, but, at the moment, I’m stumped. Can anyone tell me how to globally lower the AR’s output level when using USB through Overbridge? (Or, is there something I’m overlooking or just failing to see here?)

Thanks in advance for any help. I am new to this and have been spending a lot of time on Thavius Beck’s course as well as reading here and watching Cuckoo’s and Ponchy’s videos on YouTube. (For some reason, Cuckoo never did one of his Mega Tutorials on the AR Mk2.)

with individual outs the main volume has no effect, control your volume by AMP VOL and TRACK LEVEL to avoid clipping, if your AMP VOL exceeds 100 and the TRACK LEVEL above 100 as well you can easily clip both in OB and the individual out, for example same BD both on OB and my audio interface using the individual out with both levels at ~110:

while same BD with AMP at 75 and TRACK at 100:

test your individual kicks to see how hot it is and adjust the level with AMP/TRACK, then match the levels of everything else.
of course on MAIN OUT different story, you have the compressor and the distortion alongside with MAIN VOLUME which control the levels of everything

1 Like

This was super helpful. Thank you! (sorry to be slow getting back. crazy week.)

1 Like