New wavetable pack for Model:Samples and Digitakt

Hey Folks

After the positive feedback from the original free Elektron Wavetables we decided to produce a full sound pack based on this technique, we are super excited with the result!

Using a variety of sound sources—recordings of real instruments, vintage synths, male and female vocalists and digital sources we created 500 wavetables formatted for the Model:Samples and Digitakt.

The pack transforms the Model:Samples or the Digitakt into a versatile wavetable synthesiser with a unique glitchy character. The wavetables are divided into 4 categories: Vocal , Instrument , Real and Synth.

How to use the wavetables: Load a wavetable on to a pad of the Model:Samples or Digitakt then turn on LOOP and set the SAMPLE LENGTH parameter to 1 so that it’s only playing a single waveform in the wavetable. Adjust the ‘SAMPLE START’ parameter to set the current position in the wavetable.

Tip: Assign the LFO to the wavetable playback position, experiment with different LFO shapes, depth settings and speeds. Also experiment with changing the SAMPLE LENGTH parameter to 2, 3 or 4 for different timbral effects or tremolo sounds.

The pack is available at the intro price of $9.99 (normal price $19.99)

More info here:

David

7 Likes

Honnestly, tons of fun !
Better than the one shipped with the model sample !
The free pack is also pretty good !

Best 10 bucks I’ve spent in the last month–Super Fun!
And don’t be shy with the LFO settings! Different settings work best with different waveforms so Experiment!

Super Fun!–Thanks, David!

Just bought this to use with my Analog Rytm. It’s a bit of a workaround due to the start/end parameters rather than start/length on DT and MS but there is a workaround: -

If you have a MIDI controller you can assign a knob to a performance macro and then assign the performance macro to both start and end. If start is set to 0 and end to 1, then the single MIDI control (via the performance macro) will shift the single-cycle wave through the wavetable.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks guys! :slight_smile: yeah they are definitely a lot of fun to play with. I’m planning to do a video on these ASAP

1 Like

I’d love to see that :slight_smile:

Is there no demo?

Not yet, there are so many wavetables in the pack and endless ways to use them with LFOs etc. Will definitely make a video as soon as I get a chance though.

1 Like

probably stating the obvious here but make sure you set your start to a whole number (so .00 ending) otherwise you get cracks and clicks