New Volca FM 6-Voice

13 Likes

Love the original. Ordered!

2 Likes
10 Likes

I was considering a second original one to make a 6-voice at one pointā€¦ lol

I will definitely buy this, only thing that kept me from buying the original was the 3 voice limitation.

2 Likes

Nice, I had and very much enjoyed the original and sold it to get a DN. This addresses all the gripes I had with the original and it would be an instant buy for me if I wouldnā€™t have a DN

1 Like

Oh yeah excellent, lack of velocity response and voices were the two things that stopped me getting the first version

Looking to get one as well; i prefer the old DX7 style FM over the Digitoneā€™s FM for some reason.

Does this mean the Other Volcas are going to be upgraded? Hope so.

This makes it a lean mean tiny machine!

ā€œArctic. Power off.ā€

:pensive:

5 Likes

Volca FM2
Good

• ā€œProgram Randomā€ - permutes the current patch with randomization
  • 64 patches (previously 32)
  • 1/8" MIDI in/out (previously DIN in only)
  • Reverb (previously metronome)
  • 6 voices of polyphony (previously 3)
  • Sample & Hold LFO glitch bug fixed, should be more compatible with OG DX7 patches
  • DX7 SYSEX compatibility improved: all operators turned on when loading OG DX7 patches.

Less Good

• Arp isnā€™t transmitted out the MIDI out
  • No DIN MIDI adapters included
11 Likes

WOW. Thatā€™s all I can say. Day 1 buy from me.

5 Likes

Seems like a decent update but the idea of youtubers having to make excited day one videos about what is essentially a polyphony updateā€¦ well I hope they are getting paid.

11 Likes

pajen firmware likely wont work on the v2, and that makes me sad.

2 Likes

I wonder if this is a reaction to Behringer taking on the Volca Range and pretty much besting them.

I doubt it, mostly just seems like a fairly sensible update to fix some pretty annoying hardware shortcomings.

1 Like

Good news, but also typical Korg, nothing radical in V2 :slight_smile:

I did not have a chance to play a lot the original DX7, bu people often talk about some ā€˜magicā€™ in the original FM, and for me Volca has the same thing. Maybe differently, maybe with that strange ā€˜plasticā€™ color of Volca DACs, but still there is something really pleasant in Volcaā€™s sound. Be it a sound illusion or not.

Unfortunately no changes in controls and for me it was the biggest stopper. Itā€™s just pain to program anything usefulā€¦

Yeah, the lack of polyphony was a bummer for me, so I sold the first one. FM is meant to be played with proper keys to enjoy its full potential. Thankfully they added velocity sensitivity as well, so I will probably be getting this one as wellā€¦

1 Like