New Teenage Engineering products

I will take a look, thanks

This video is so off-putting to be honest.

The bag was really perplexing. How are you supposed to store the deviceā€¦ canā€™t even close the bagā€¦ really off tbh

1 Like

The bag has velcro.
Thereā€™s also a ā€œfield pouchā€ which closes with two pull strings.

edit:
Watched the review with the bag thing, he only slides it in halfway and then does his velcro doesnā€™t line up thing. Really dishonest.

Who owns that many opzs

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

But Iā€™m beta tester so I have them for those reasons. I would probably have only one if I wasnā€™t

5 Likes

one more reason i wish i were on the beta team :wink:

Iā€™m considering RME Fireface UCX II for just 100 euros more, some of the reasons:

• Can work standalone ( limited control on the device) .
  • 8 analog channel, any combination of stereo pairs.
  • Quite compact size.
  • Has EQ and compresor per channel.
  • Reverb and delay sends.
  • Can multitrack to usb drive in standalone mode.
  • High quality Audio.
  • Can be control with iPad but not sure if can work as interface for IOS.
8 Likes

Indeed. it should have a stand-alone recording function.

It can. Plus the UCX II has DC Coupled outputs.

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for confirming.
I read it can work with class compliant drivers which is what works on IOS but they never mention IOS except for the totalMix FX control app.

Check the QuPac: for 1500ā‚¬ it has a lot to offer ^^

Thanks for the suggestion, looks very interesting but Iā€™m looking for something small.

Wtf! Wonderful post!

This is subjective: I have a Qu24 and the QuPac is comparably prettty small :sweat_smile:
But yes, I get what you mean.

1 Like

The K-Mix does this, and itā€™s excellent.

1 Like

I forgot to look at this one that was mention before.

Yes, it ticks pretty much all the boxes, and itā€™s half price of the UCX II.

I will watch some videos about it. Thanks!

Just received mineā€¦ itā€™s sm00l as fuck. Not nearly as irritated about the small pots as I thought I would beā€¦ the effects sound nice, you canā€™t tweak them but I feel like they sit very nicely in the mix, not overwhelming and not invisibleā€¦ the hardware feels solid although I have slight wobbles on the small pots, nothing major thoughā€¦ the EQ and compression sound great imo.

Hereā€™s a little jam where I feedback patch Syntakt through the aux output and send the aux return to the aux output, messing with the low EQ adds or removes feedback, so you can play around a lot with itā€¦

Really brings out the good in Syntakt imo. But Iā€™m no audiophile so I wouldnā€™t really know if something sounds good or notā€¦

Sounds better then any interface I previously owned at least!

16 Likes

And that video with the bag was bullshit. I have no issues fitting the mixer in the bag with the plug still inserted

9 Likes

Great stuff. Those knobs do look a little hard to deal with but I think expectations just need to be set properly.

1 Like