New Teenage Engineering products

imo the ep133 is the best sampler under or around 300 bones based on workflow alone. if you need more space and want a synth, the riddim will be even better.

im not feeling jilted by the ep133 not receiving the extra benefits the other models have because im not out here hanging my workflow hat on the ability to do an easy arp or having a built in simple synth. tbh they are such minimal additions from my perspective that its kinda silly to feel any kind of way about not getting them on the 133. just play the arp yourself (gasp!) or load up some simple synth oneshots. also the multisamples are cool but again, truly not a gamechanger. you are still limited to a 20 second audio file which is then split between the multisamples.

7 Likes

your priorities are my spirit animal :grin:

2 Likes

Hmmm. Just messing around on the Riddim is fun. Mainly because it’s so packed with interesting stuff.

But I’m finding the workflow, and in particular the various purposes of the buttons and their interactions mildly confusing.

The manual seems to have been written with only half a mind to it actually being used. Or perhaps by people who assume instant familiarity with this family of TE boxes. It describes a lot of functions well enough to make me want to do them, but not well enough for me to easily grasp how to actually achieve them.

Has anyone spotted any YouTubers who’ve done a proper idiots walkthrough yet? There are a few for the KO and the Medaevil. But something Riddim-specific would be nice. I guess in a week or two’s time they will start to roll in.

2 Likes

im pretty well versed in the EP-133 workflow, happy to try to lend some answers as im sure the EP-40 is nearly identical

2 Likes

This is how monks used to make jungle. No wonder they needed all day in the monastery to practice their Amens.

15 Likes

You win today!

1 Like

Well…I switched to every project and the damn thing was making the same pattern, even in projects that were supposed to be empty. I tried to delete patterns and scenes and groups and never was able to delete anything. So, I wiped it all and now restoring the factory content so will see what happens…this is with the 1.04 update…UGH.

several people above have mentioned more storage. according to the project page it’s the same miserly 128mbs.

which is fully accessible for the first time on an EP series device.

1 Like

Guess chuck the original and medieval samples into this and have the best of all 3

is that true? i could delete any samples i wanted from the original.

did you hold the number of the pattern until the display stopped blinking and landed solidly on the pattern? it takes a second or so. same with deleting patterns/projects

Yep…done all that. I restored everything and now I can delete projects…phew.

1 Like

Mine arrives in a couple of days. Can’t wait to make the freshest reggae. Or is it dub? Or is it dancehall? Or rocksteady? I have no idea. But it’s gonna be fun.

1 Like

With the 2.0 update, it’s likely that the second M0 core is now being used. It manages storage capacity in the background.

They made time for breaks as well. :pray::robot::pray:

4 Likes

Please can we have a thread dedicated to the Riddim and Ting.

Perhaps someone who has one already could start it?

Looking forward to hearing stuff you make and reading your thoughts on the workflow etc!

6 Likes

Dang, the EP-40 Riddim looks awesome.
Even better than the EP-133 for my use case, which is a nice sampler.
Reggae & Dub are two of the favorite genres of music.
I even love Swedish Reggae.
ABBA’s “One of Us” & Ace of Base’s “The Sign” are two of my favorite songs.
I couldn’t care less about anyone else’s aesthetic musical opinions.
The EP-2350 Ting Mic is a wonderful addition.
I would love to rock one of these. This looks legit to me.

TE has earned my respect.
When the OB-4 was released,
I thought it was ridiculous & overpriced, just like tons of other people.
Now I understand why TE was so excited about releasing it.
When TE updated the OB-4 to have no latency from the line-in,
I got one, & now it’s my favorite product TE’s ever released by far.
Fantastic sound. I use it every day in multiple contexts.
I’d be surprised if TE ever releases a product that I enjoy or use more than the OB-4.

3 Likes

Gabe explains in this video two Loop-Modes of the new Riddim.

One from 7:40 - 8:03 and one from 11:13 - 12:50.
Do you know, if these modes are already in the firmware of the EP 133 KO2 ?
And if not, what do you think - is there a chance that TE will implement them in the EP 133 KO2?
Thanks!

2 Likes

what do you mean no latency from the line in, I didn’t hear about this but isn’t that normal?

1 Like