New Teenage Engineering products

one more reason i wish i were on the beta team :wink:

I’m considering RME Fireface UCX II for just 100 euros more, some of the reasons:

• Can work standalone ( limited control on the device) .
  • 8 analog channel, any combination of stereo pairs.
  • Quite compact size.
  • Has EQ and compresor per channel.
  • Reverb and delay sends.
  • Can multitrack to usb drive in standalone mode.
  • High quality Audio.
  • Can be control with iPad but not sure if can work as interface for IOS.
8 Likes

Indeed. it should have a stand-alone recording function.

It can. Plus the UCX II has DC Coupled outputs.

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for confirming.
I read it can work with class compliant drivers which is what works on IOS but they never mention IOS except for the totalMix FX control app.

Check the QuPac: for 1500€ it has a lot to offer ^^

Thanks for the suggestion, looks very interesting but I’m looking for something small.

Wtf! Wonderful post!

This is subjective: I have a Qu24 and the QuPac is comparably prettty small :sweat_smile:
But yes, I get what you mean.

1 Like

The K-Mix does this, and it’s excellent.

1 Like

I forgot to look at this one that was mention before.

Yes, it ticks pretty much all the boxes, and it’s half price of the UCX II.

I will watch some videos about it. Thanks!

Just received mine… it’s sm00l as fuck. Not nearly as irritated about the small pots as I thought I would be… the effects sound nice, you can’t tweak them but I feel like they sit very nicely in the mix, not overwhelming and not invisible… the hardware feels solid although I have slight wobbles on the small pots, nothing major though… the EQ and compression sound great imo.

Here’s a little jam where I feedback patch Syntakt through the aux output and send the aux return to the aux output, messing with the low EQ adds or removes feedback, so you can play around a lot with it…

Really brings out the good in Syntakt imo. But I’m no audiophile so I wouldn’t really know if something sounds good or not…

Sounds better then any interface I previously owned at least!

16 Likes

And that video with the bag was bullshit. I have no issues fitting the mixer in the bag with the plug still inserted

9 Likes

Great stuff. Those knobs do look a little hard to deal with but I think expectations just need to be set properly.

1 Like

Exactly… it’s not ergonomic at all, but if you get into it knowing that and accepting that, it’s no problem really

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know there were level lights. That’s nice. Thing looks good, no doubt about that.

Re bag wow so much conflicting information. OK, SO: modular levels or nah?

Nice beat.

It’s funny when I saw the pictures I was so focussed on the tiny sliders that I didn’t even consider the tiny pots! As you rightly point out ergonomics are not the selling point of this device - but I have a suspicioun I couldn’t use it at all - I got stumpy digits!

Glad it’s giving you the sound you want - watching you actually use it is kind of amusing - reminds me of those tiny japanese food videos I’ve seen :joy: CUTE!

5 Likes

Your bag actually looks bigger than the one in the video - I wonder if there are different batches or if they changed it? :thinking:

1 Like

haha so KAWAI :laughing:

@xidnpnlss no modular levels. it gets to hot… allthough i did try some clipping with syntakt by raising the gain and i think it sounded rather nice actually… but you know you wanna be able to control he clipping… so no, no modular level

3 Likes

yeah maybe it was… the video didnt strike me as he was trying to be disingenuous

2 Likes