New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

TE’s instagram

1 Like

Maybe even a weird type of microphone? If that’s actually the product. Or a pinhole camera… Never know with TE :confused:

2 Likes

A new Design SET for Salt and PEPPER :stuck_out_tongue:

Are TE the type to be mysterious? Because I think they’re blatantly saying “this is a microphone”

Haha, made from NASA material, only £200…

I think it could and probably does mean a sampler or built in mic in something.

3 Likes

That OP-Z just might turn out to be TE’s strangest, quirkiest instrument to date!

I’m laughing because, fact i didn’t understand TE. Ok, but i’m not complaining or trying to understand. just laughing about the name OP-1, OP-Z… sounds like a Jackson Five song to build the Advert :

O P Z
It’s easy as, 1 2 3
As simple as, do re mi
O P Z, 1 2 3…

And you save the Polar bear all OP-Z sold gone to http://www.polarbearsinternational.org

(Sorry for this junk comment)

3 Likes

Could be CV, audio, midi?

1 Like

Vocoder…

Ah i sampled the sub into my OT. Love the sub bass that thing can produce. I also got the arcade and was very hyped about it but have hardly used it in the end.

2 Likes

it’s an smd microphone on a nice worked PCB. i think the new PO’s coming with this additions like micro, and light sensor and such.

1 Like

I just keep hearing it as they’ve said it: OP-Zed

2 Likes

unless you pronounce Z the correct way (zed) and not Zee
:wink:

but it wouldn’t rhyme

1 Like

OP-Z with CV outs would be amazing for my setup, The sequencer looks more than capable with 16 seperate channels.
I think the delays for this machine come from the integration on the visuals and integration side of things ie the Unity store, App store etc. The hardware itself was close to being finished in Cuckoos video from earlier in the year he did at TE HQ. Either way TE need to spill the beans on the Z soon because I got cash and it’s burning a hole in my pocket. :fire:

The video aspect of it looks fun, but if it’s not customizable then it looks artistically useless(but again, I bet really, really, really fun)

I bet…I BET they’re going to find a way to sequence the OP-1 with this thing.

yeah, essentially if you want the OP-1 to speak to other gear you need a midi host, great if OP-Z bridges that and makes connectivity more widely available, CV, mini Midi jack, bluetooth

Ha I know! I like analog, definitely not a purist but when it comes to subs I’m PO12 Digital allll the way