New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

Yes, TE certainly have beautifully designed products, but with all the colours available which crazy loon is being adamant about sticking to black info on playstation grey keys??!! This is not either sensible nor desirable on the retinas

We’re all potential spotty Bellends behind the screen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wat

4 Likes

Lol. Looks like the graphics change based on genre?

“TENCHO”

“TONIC NOW!”

:joy:

2 Likes

Another PO :facepalm: …oh well I guess those things make TE money so they keep making them.

Hopefully they show OP-Z at NAMM too…

1 Like

U that easy to troll sir? :troll: Its obv fake

1 Like

Hmm I looked at it more closely and you might be right. Oh well :totes:

thought twas funny tho :ecstatic: I bet the TONIC NOW dude starts to become animated when you hit the airhorn/cop siren sample button

it was posted by TE on their facebook and instagram

no fake

1 Like

best thing ever!

1 Like

For serious. go check it out.

I wish these guys would get serious and create a fully-fledged drum machine. we’ve seen what they can do for 60 dollars - now let’s see what they can do for 600!
If they did their take on a MachineDrum/Sonic Potions LXR type of machine it could be really interesting - unfortunately the OP-Z looks like a flop to me, at least from what I’ve seen so far

2 Likes

Yeah same feeling here. It’s like they’re challenging themselves to work within confinements that aren’t necessary. Maybe it’ll be great tho, either way hope it sells and gives them the £ to build a beefed up op2 :slight_smile:

yeah and also trying to do too much maybe I mean… I understand they want to innovate, but that video output for visuals and no screen for a device that does rythm, melodies, bass…?

1 Like

There is a screen, but it has to be an external one.

To be fair, though, we haven’t seen much of the OP-Z. Just last year’s NAMM early preview and a Cuckoo video. But they said they would be saying more about it throughout the year yet here we are with not much more than we had a year ago.

I recall someone saying they talked with some TE people at last year’s NAMM and that there were definitely plans for 3 more POs to round out the series, so I don’t expect anything but new POs and an update on the OP-Z.

1 Like

I talked with them last year at NAMM and they did, indeed, say 3 more POs and they talked about a central hub of some sort to link all nine. I think, from the teasers so far, we will see a sampler PO with a surface mount MEMs mic and a chord PO (tonic now!) I would bet money that OPZ isn’t coming until Musikmesse or beyond. Hopefully they release some more deets and a price!

1 Like

That central hub is what I’m most interested in. If it will allow deeper/expanded sequencing of the POs via the programmer interface at the back, things would change considerably.

I hope they followed through with it. We’ll know soon!

1 Like

4 Likes