New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

[…failed to resist…]

2 Likes

heh, I’m already thinking about ordering a second one :loopy:

If archiving patterns and sound design via the VST works well, I’ll do it methinks

1 Like

Pretty sure you can archive sounds and patterns with just a sound recorder.

This is true only if the export sound is the same as the import one.
No other way to know than testing it :slight_smile:

Given that you can share settings between two PO-32 I’m guessing the sound quality doesn’t have to be pristine when transmitting.

Oh if you can share settings then incoming sound and outgoing have chances to be the same, as @Anfim said!
Cool enough…

1 Like

got home, hooked up the AH and tested how two tonics could sound layered + kick sample from mars

https://soundcloud.com/asdffahhdd/mkx-tnk-live-edit

gotta try the editor next. Hope yall havin fun if yours shipped too!

1 Like

Here’s an example of backing up and restoring all the sound and pattern settings by recording to a phone.

New toy arrived today. Backing up PO-32 sounds and patterns seems robust using sound recorder despite background ambience (someone watching TV). I place the unit next to the phone's mic for loudness. #po32 #soniccharge #microtonic @teenageengineering @soniccharge

A video posted by @outofsine on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:06pm PST

Restoring sounds and patterns using sound recording, placing the phones speakers close to the mic. #po32 #microtonic #soniccharge #teenageengineering @teenageengineering @soniccharge

A video posted by @outofsine on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:09pm PST

1 Like

1st thing

1 Like

Having fun with it not being limited to just drum sounds. Also note it is 4 voice polyphonic, only allowed one sound active per column.

Not just a drum machine, dry with no effects #po32 @teenageengineering @soniccharge

A video posted by @outofsine on Feb 7, 2017 at 2:02pm PST

2 Likes

nice/odd
ive just stuck with default drums , but i do like playing it very slow , messing with fx with un musical patterns.
tr08 is nice like that too , random pattern , as slow as it can go , delays/reverb and scatter… quite odd.

4 note poly is ok , i guess top most noise is highest priority.
the editor is ok , you edit 8 noises at a time and select which set of 8 sounds it downloads to.

havent used microtonic except for downloading sounds.

This thing rules. Just as much for the UI and sequencing tweaks as for the nice synthesis engine.

2 Likes