New Techno Set, Improvised with the Dark Trinity

Made a new improvised live techno set for a site called Techno Scene. My setup is based around the Dark Trinity (Elektron’s Analog Four, Octatrack and Analog Rytm) and I don’t plan to ever change that; they have practically grown into my spine at this point, hah.

Thanks a lot for listening, and as always, any feedback from this splendid community would be greatly appreciated.

15 Likes

The setup! :electric_plug:

5 Likes

This looks and sounds great! Could you describe your setup a bit more, specifically the routing of the mixer and Space? I’m looking around for ideas of how to incorporate FX into my own OT-based live setup.

nice table :slight_smile:

terrific set as usual, dawid! happy you’re getting some more well-deserved attention as you grow!

assuming it’s not too intrusive a request, have you considered filming a performance with an over-the-shoulder camera, so livesetters could watch and learn from what you’re doing? i’m confident you’d get lots of interest.

1 Like

Fabulous!

1 Like

Extremely good!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Anfim!

The routing is as follows:

(I sincerely apologize for the awful Paint-design, hah.)

4 Likes

DL: _“nice table” :slight_smile:

Hah, thanks!

When I got to the warehouse the people in charge had somehow forgot to bring tables, so I had to setup on that crate and then when the tables finally arrived (just before they opened, so I had no time to sound check, hah) I was able to transfer everything over to the stage table.

But that is the charm of the underground, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. :thup:

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Haha, good stuff, thanks for sharing. That Volca keys must feel spoiled having a Space all to itself :wink:

1 Like

Definitely, but it will have to share space with a Volca FM soon!

I use that part of the setup for creating ambient soundscapes quickly and without too much hassle.

Great stuff Dawid. Excellent little set - well done!

Thank you so much once again, dubathonic!

Yes, I will definitely will do that soon. I’ve bought a tripod but haven’t managed to set it up well enough yet.

Until then here is a video from a gig a few weeks ago! :3lektron::rocket:

1 Like

Hi Dawid, anything new you can share using the tripod?! Looking forward to it!!

Hello, Vandamme! So kind of you to ask!

Haven’t been recording a techno set yet unfortunately, but set it up and recorded this yesterday because you asked just to check to tripod out.

Will do a proper techno set soon! :ok_hand:t2:

Looks stable!

thread hijack, kinda

one of our finest dj’s (wash., dc) dropped this set for technofist … track 10

1 Like

Great mix dude, and I’m not a techno guy😎 I’m about to complete my dark trinity with an OTrack this weekend and really liked your setup drawing:)

1 Like

Great stuff!

thanks for sharing your signal path