Roland Sh-4d

Looks interesting!

25 Likes

Hello!

Hmm seems like something I might actually be interested in. Will have to check it out

Simpler ā€œmacroā€ synth engines - I wonder where they go that idea from?!

Iā€™m mildly curious, mainly because I have world-class groovebox GAS but also I had an MC-707 and it had a decent sound but it was horrible to program sounds. Maybe this will be better.

7 Likes

Does it need again drivers for (multitrack-)audio over usb?
If yes: Iā€™ll pass.
If no: Iā€™m interested.

4 Likes

As big fan of the mc101 Iā€˜m really excited to learn more about this

looks much better than the aira stuff

1 Like

Ā£550 seems very reasonable to me. And thumbs up for USB C.

3 Likes

is this supposed to be the roland syntakt? seems ok i guess. not sure why youā€™d get this over an elektron box though

spoke too soon. some of the sounds on that outro demo in the sonic lab video above are incredible. maybe i do want this thing

10 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Battery powered apparently! In addition to usb c.

4 Likes

This is a bolt out of the blue, what an odd and interesting Roland box.

4 Likes

ugh. i certainly want this.

1 Like

drawing your own wave is pretty cool. pcm and fm sounds good. perc sounds good. i dont know, man. looking more interesting the more i learn about it

Official Roland videos:

5 Likes

I was just looking for a cheap multitimbral with some hands on controls. For under a grand. This might be perfect for me.

2 Likes

One of the least likely synths for Roland to pay homage to (VA multitimbral, name, the circle buttons)
sh32

38 Likes

Wow, it sounds so much better than the Syntakt, good job Roland!

4 Likes

That looks absolutely phenomenal!

Iā€™ve heard that a lot of feedback went back that the 101 was a bit small and the 707 was a bit big, this seems to hit a perfect sweet spot.

4 polysynths and a drum machine is plenty as a self contained sketch pad (especially with battery power) and it makes it a perfect pairing with a sampler like the Polyend Tracker or Digitakt.

I think this is going to be a classic.

2 Likes

A knobby mc101, nice!

2 Likes

Text review here for times when audio might be best avoided:

Seems promising, has DIN midi i/o and isnā€™t garishly coloured - nice.

8 Likes