New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

My Push standalone gets really hot. No way I would like to have it directly on my knees. :sweat_smile: The good thing is that the pads/knobs doesn’t get hot, only the back of Push.

1 Like

When I bought a stand for the Push 2 it all worked better for me. Also finally saw the thin x4 beats indicator at the top of screen that counts you in!

But I do agree, it doesn’t feel very ergonomic for me yet. Maschine+ took a couple of hours and I felt quite at home with it.

2 Likes

Ouh, nice stuff. I’m mainly in all of your points case, crazy. About the last one, I’m using it with ES-8 but is the same, so amazing to have only Push with all the Suite stuff just connected to my 104hp sending cvs and getting back the audio in loops like with the octatrack before. Dope times!

3 Likes

any news/reviews ?

While plugged in mine is toasty; on battery it warms up over time but not at all uncomfortable. I assume that is because they’ve implemented different CPU profiles when plugged in vs on battery power.

If yours is getting excessively hot while on battery mode you might want to reach out to Ableton support.

5 Likes

See the Push 3 Users thread for real-world Elektronaut feedback.

3 Likes

I’ve only tried in cable mode. Will try in battery mode. :grin:

my review:

13 Likes

Just ordered the Push 3 (controller mode) after upgrading my Live license from Lite (which it turns out I’ve had since 2009) to Suite using the Focusrite 50% off upgrade deal ($375 for Suite). The website is now saying “8+ weeks” to get it. I am good with the wait. Hopefully, by the time my unit comes two things will have happened. First, I will have actually had the time to get to know Live well enough to be comfortable using the Push. Second, Ableton will have sorted out most of the hardware and software issues noted here and elsewhere.

2 Likes

Arranger view? I don’t need no stinking arranger view. :joy:

1 Like

Notable mention in the latest Bad Gear episode.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Can anyone with Controller only unit test if the pads on the step sequencer light up with steps of low velocity values when powered only via usb?

Low velocity steps on Push 2 pads dont light up on usb power and I always found it annoying.

2 Likes

I like my Push standalone, but imagine if it had touchscreen so you could have the exact same graphical view of the devices etc just like on the computer and you just tap the parameter you want to change and use the jogwheel to change it. :sunglasses: Then a couple of buttons that changes the different views.

But it is what it is right now. I hope in the future that we get more layouts on the grid to change things with the gridpads/touchstrip, for example automate, naming sets/clips, perform etc. :grin:

Can the groove pool be changed up from the Push 3 standalone? I know this is a feature which Ableton never implemented for the Push 2, which saddened me as the groove pool is an ingenious and natural progression of the concept. I love how Ableton took the MPC-style groove/shuffle paradigm and allowed users to apply percentage chance to how much a groove would affect each note, as well as how much the groove would be applied in general. And that a different groove could be applied to each clip track if required. It’s really genius for true ‘humanisation’ of songs. I found the global swing parameter in the Push 2 to be a backwards step.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, no, it is definitely missed.

2 Likes

I was charged for my Push over the weekend, I’m excited! How long after being charged did people get the notification that it shipped? I’m in the US if that matters.

1 Like

It was fast. I was checking in my Account to see it go from Processing to whatever was next and after it did, the Push arrived in two days. But I am relatively close to TN, which is where mine shipped from.

1 Like

I ordered my Push 3 (Controller) two weeks ago. At the time, it said 8 weeks. Last time I checked the site, it said 12+ weeks. Is there anyway to see where you are in line?