New project, new alias

gotta say your stuff is slamming. link me to a place where i can purchase. electro 4ever

I have two older electro albums here as well as here.

The Inoperable Data project tracks aren’t yet released.

:fire:

Yeahhhh! Solid track. Is that mostly the Drumatix? Snare sounds like a blend of the Miami and a 606.

Drums are 606 samples via Octatrack MKII.
I sample every TR-606 I can get my hands on now that they each sound unique.

Snare is run through my Bogner Harlow with Neve transformer, which is what is giving in that
“slap”.

Nice. Sounds great. I had to sell a bunch of gear recently due to medical bills for my son and I let my 606 go. I sampled the crap out of mine as well before I sold it. Kind of miss it but to be honest samples are just fine.

2 Likes

Sounds good dude.
I am DJ and produce on Ableton with aost 30 releases but have gone back to only hardware over the past three years.
The goal was to peform dubby downtempo live.

I too decided to alter my alias - to just Riddim - hoping to not confuse my audience too much.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yea, between OT, Live Drum Racks, and occasionally my TT-606 sequencing my TM-2, I’ve got loads of ways to play back 606 samples. The key is having that “combo” hat sample, though I have found when it is not available, layering another short percussive sound on the hats gives it some life. Future Retro XS blips and zapps work well.

Sometimes I think I could relinquish the Drumatix as I have so many samples of it (actually have two different units sampled), but I have to keep the Drumatix for the times I want that accented hat / combo hat variation.

These last couple weeks TT-606 with hats into Moog MF Drive and toms through the Bogner Harlow has been my bliss.

new one, I just redid the master on it, running both L and R through the Bogner Harlow separately then combine back to stereo before final processing.

It really punched it up!

octatrack , tt-606 , monologue

6 Likes

Everytime I see an update to this thread I get pumped. Great stuff! Love how many 606s you have going on!

1 Like