New project, new alias

That’s really nice, twice hats for twice more groove !

1 Like

This tickles many parts of my brain. Approve!

1 Like

fresh tune

Monologue + Drumatix.
A little trick was employed here. Using the ancient Korg SyncKontrol iOS app for monotribe(!) to send 900bpm swing pulses into the Monologue sequencer. Now every 8th note has 16 divisions within it. Drumatix is just along for the ride, holding onto the back bumper by its fingernails.

8 Likes

Relentless! The constantly shifting timbre of the monologue and drum pattern makes this really fun to listen to.

1 Like

I had a load of fun making it.
Wasn’t even sitting down to make a track, just fussing with that old sync app after day dreaming for a DrumDokta2, but remembering my friend David informing me it doesn’t have a start button.

So i’m doing the math on that and a case and PSU, and testing this old sync app as a possible clock solution. Couldn’t quite get it working with Monologue. But after some tweaks it worked.
I pull up an old 80bpm dub stab patch/sequence I made in the Monologue, crank the BPM on the Korg sync app ("wow, this goes way faster than Monologue… damn this sounds good, let’s add some drums… damn this is better now. What if I add another step… of a different note at step 8, and heavily swing it… ooooh yeaaaa, tweak that OSC 2 octave and wave shape… oooooh… well now half the track is done. " 3 hours later and Bob’s your uncle.)

Best part is I don’t even want a DrumDokta2 anymore :rofl:

2 Likes

I always come across the dr-110 for sale at various sites but never really considered buying it but now seeing it in action makes me want to pick one up.

What’s the AD you keep referring too in your original post?

I wouldn’t have bought the DR-110 without the DIN Sync mod. It’s a medium level mod due to having to cut into the case and the lack of space inside to work with.

Without DIN sync, it can only sync to other gear as master, using the accent as a clock trigger. And I like funky accent patterns so that’s not an option for me.

Bonus for me is Drumatix works as a MIDI clock to DIN sync converter. They’re a solid pair.

This f’ing rules. So yeah, more please.

1 Like

Exploring some other tempos…

TT-606 + Monologue + Digitone

Main hook/bass is TT-606 low toms through a whole mess of overdrive and filters.

12 Likes

Liking this a lot. Indisputably electro but almost gets into half-tempo D&B territory.

1 Like

Slammin’. Is the Monologue doing the filter mod stuff?

It is, indeed. That type of sound is one of my most common uses for Monologue, thanks to how you can shape it with the motion sequencer on only certain steps.

2 Likes

New one.
Drumatix + Digitone.

8 Likes

ooooohwheeeee… when that Digitone kicks in! Nice one. Sucker for FM bass tones. Nice fluttery beat. Interesting squelchy bits with reverb! Is that Monologue? (I’ll have to dive deeper into mine. Inspirational.) This is some lean mean sequencing.

1 Like

Yea I use Monologue often for squelchy filter mod sounds. The motion sequence lanes really do wonders for taming those types of sounds.

1 Like

Impressive. I’m still amazed at this little synth and how jam-packed it is with features. Incredible value. And I’m just scratching the surface of mine.

Half the time I make sounds with it, I don’t even have the oscillator volumes turned up!

Really like this one. Sounds great. :heat:

1 Like

fresh one:

606 + Reaktor

5 Likes