New Pittsburgh Modular synth

A mini-teaser directly from Pittsburgh Modular social accounts!

(Sorry I can’t embed)

2 Likes

Straight from a comment on PM’s YT channel: the announcement Is Monday with a very weird teaser on Sunday! :grinning:

maybe this time the front panel font will be papyrus

2 Likes

They’re talking/joking about a Taiga Keys!!
More news tomorrow.

Maybe something in collaboration with Crea8audio inspired by the NiftyKeys?

4 Likes

That’s cool! I think a Taiga Keys would pretty fun.

1 Like

The easy way for them to do that is to build a Cre8Audio NiftyKEYZ with a "Taiga or two in the tank". I know that doing bundles with the KEYZ is something Cre8Audio has been interested in.

A little discount in price and perhaps something special in the build maybe.

The NiftyKEYZ ( thread ) has a lot of nice features to bring to such a system.

4 Likes

Seems cool, 24hp to play with for you fx or dream bonus feature.

Curious how well it does for them.

4 Likes

Daniel Fisher with Richard.

3 Likes

This looks pretty slick. I like that they moved the patch points to the top, out of way of the other controls, and the 24hp expansion slot is cool too for fx and whatnot.

3 Likes

So it’s not the NiftyKEYZ, which is 49 keys, and they reworked the Taiga module, expanding it slightly, and putting the patch interface at the top where it should have been before, imo.

Like this.

2 Likes

From the website:
Taiga Keyboard’s larger format provides the room for a few unique features. Most obvious is a full size 37 key premium keybed with velocity and aftertouch. The dedicated pitch and modulation wheels offer instant access to a unique set of modulation tools including manual control, clock sync’d LFO, envelope, and random source. 1/4 inch left and right output jacks, and full sized MIDI in and MIDI out DIN jacks are available on the rear of the instrument. The larger format also allows Taiga Keyboard to utilize larger, more spread out knobs and a second analog LFO.

(left & right outputs, stereo paraphony/duophonic? cool Indeed)

Suggested price, 1299$.

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh they weren’t joking.
No new synth. Not a VRL2.
Is disappoint.

2 Likes

I think that a Taiga Keys is a good idea: both for them and the constumers.

Michael stated many times that a new product would be annunced before the VL2 (That Is espected in a couple of months IIRC his last interview)

We have to be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

Also available immediately (1359 €)

1 Like

Taiga Keyboard Manual. As they promised.

2 Likes

Vrl 2 is to be announced at suberbooth iirc. Taiga keys seems very nice, especially with the 24 hp eurorack expansion.

3 Likes

So Snakes may be the next new thing to come out, other than perhaps the new Cre8Audio products.

Does anyone know what Snakes will be ? Sounds like it has been in development for a while. It has a bigger software part, but how that fits in – can’t tell.

Also good idea @Humanprogram to shunt off the Taiga Keys discussion to the Taiga thread.

2 Likes

That would be nice. Perhaps that is the “especially good” thing Richard is talking about. Both Cre8Audio, and Pittsburgh Modular, will be at Superbooth ( thread ) this year.

3 Likes

Anyone looking for a Voltage Lab, Patchwerks has a used one for $1300.