New Overbridge working great for me in Logic Pro X

I just updated Overbridge and my AR. I now have multichannel input to Logic from Overbridge and the sync with the AR sequencer is tight. I’m on a MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.1

So far so good! I hope it goes as well with my Analog Keys next!

3 Likes

Mine isn’t, if I have a track playing for any length of time AR drifts out of sync then slowly goes back into sync, this was happening before the update too.

Yeah, after some more testing, I am seeing this too. Although it’s worse when I have both the Analog Keys and the Rytm in over bridge. But, the latency is much better than what I was seeing before in Live.

It’s working great for me in Logic X. I’m not seeing the drifting issue either.

The sync is quite bad on my Imac unfortunately. Better than before but still not usable.

yeah guys I know what you mean. Just test different configurations in logic! For me uesefull is buffer of 256 in logic and margin on OB by 150%. Now the sync of AR and A4 is nearly tight on the grid.

But I was wondering about the different audio configurations of the au plugin (9 x mono or 1 x stereo + 8 mono or 9 x stereo). I think audio stream is limited to 8 channels in 16 bit or 6 channels in 24bit.

2 Likes

i’m trying to be happy with OB in Logic for over a year now, and I still don’t see why I need it. Who records 4 tracks at a time? Sync - use USB. Tweak the sound - hardware. Still better. Waste of time for us, of resources for Elektron. Should’ve stayed with developing cool hardware instead of cheesy software.

Will the new version of OB work with Logic X? Or will I have to switch to AL 10?

1 Like

Have you try the newest version of the AU plug-in of Overbridge?
What you think about?

im having some issues while recording whit this beta version

But I was wondering about the different audio configurations of the au plugin (9 x mono or 1 x stereo + 8 mono or 9 x stereo). I think audio stream is limited to 8 channels in 16 bit or 6 channels in 24bit.

I am also curious about this too!

Hi everyone,
About a year ago I got my hand in my pocket and bought an ERM Multiclock.
I’ve got my oktatrack mk2 /ARmk2 A4mk2 and a toraiz all synced up via the plugin in logic x,in overbridge I just switch to No sync and the Multiclock does the rest ,always in sync no hassle .
I struggled for ages with sync issues,
it’s quite a few quid but solves everything,also syncs ya gear if ya not using ya Daw .
Thanks
Mick

1 Like