New OTO sampler?

well it does have a question mark :slight_smile:

Any update on this? Im excited to see what is next!

I had no idea this was going on. Iā€™ve been on the fence with OTO gear but always backed off.

But an OTO sampler ā€¦ I know Iā€™d give it a go, at least, probably get one without even bothering finding out the details.

Revisiting my thread as OP, no updates on Facebook page that Iā€™ve seen recently. Obviously the initially touted timelines have gone, Covid etc would have had a big impact on this.

Iā€™m still on advanced order buy on sight mode for this. Keen to hear if anyone else had head any more news .

Currently managing the situation ITB very well practically which does make me giggle hysterically in that Iā€™ll happily spend decent sums of cash on a hardware box that I canā€™t get 90% of the way there but hey ho ā€¦

Bumping my own thread

Anyone heard anything?

Nope but will subscribe to this thread. I have all the oto pedals and love them

1 Like

I emailed Denis a couple of months ago and he said ā€œA new product is planned after the summer but wonā€™t be what people expect from OTO !ā€

3 Likes

I donā€™t think ā€˜peopleā€™ would expect a sampler so maybe weā€™re still on course?

Not that I need another sampler or have any special desire for Oto to make anything specific. Iā€™ve greatly enjoyed everything theyā€™ve done and would just be excited to see what comes next.

1 Like

Thanks for the info . Will be interesting to see what finally comes out , cheers

1 Like

Whatever it is Iā€™m going to buy it.

1 Like

From Septemberā€™21

Hi to all,

Sorry for not giving news more often.
Since a year, like many other companies, we are facing an unprecedented electronic components shortage crisis. Weā€™ve spent a lot of time to find components and ensure that the next batches of BIM-BAM-BOUM could be delivered in a reasonable time. Some of the components we use in our products had a lead time of a year or more.

Beside the production issues, itā€™s also quite difficult these days to develop new products. Sometimes you canā€™t buy the components for the prototypes, and sometimes you donā€™t know if all the components will be available in the next months for the production. This is particularly a problem with the MCUs (a microcontroller that is the heart of our products), memory chips, converters,ā€¦

I have some interesting projects under the hood but I have to wait the end of the crisis in 2022 (I hope soā€¦) to finish and release them. So Iā€™ve worked on a smaller and simpler device, almost finished, using no MCU, memory chip nor converter. This will be quite different than the previous OTO products, and might surprise some of our customers.
More news this fall/winter, I hope so.

All the best,

Denis

12 Likes

Hopefully the current global instability returns its equilibrium to pre 2016 levels.

And I donā€™t mean merely for us synth fans - there is a lot more at stake, the struggles of small electronic music manufacturers are just an example.

3 Likes

It might not be a sampler btw. I just read a bunch of posts on Lines from 2020 and the prevailing thought was a harmoniser but bigger, better, and in the same form factor as BAM etc

3 Likes

OTO is basically the only company where no matter what it is I would get it. I hope it is a sampler though. I talked with him a while ago about which vintage samplers he liked and he has amazing in depth knowledge of all of them and impeccable taste as well.

2 Likes

I understand if you canā€™t answer due to multiple reasons, but if possibleā€¦ will BAM, BIM & BOUM continue to be produced through next year?

I have BAM, and Iā€™d love to add BIM next followed by BOUM. Iā€™m hoping not to play the up-sell market if possible but againā€¦ I get it if you canā€™t answer along with all that goes into it.

Otherwise wishing you the best of luck. I love BAM. I took a chance picking it up after watching videos and love this box more than I thought I would.

Iā€™m not denis. That was a quote from the OTO forum. Sorry.

3 Likes

:rofl: Well, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve done something great for some one, so let me say thank you all the same!

And I didnā€™t realize there was an OTO forumā€¦ So thank you for that!

1 Like

This sounds like something denis would say.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I hope it is a sampler with a biscuit built in, and no sampler.

4 Likes