New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

It’s not a “girly” color anymore. Just look at all the Nikes KD, Giannis, LeBron… Pink has been gender neutralized unless you’re showing your age.

20 Likes

I’m guessing the ALT out is the same way Mackie and others do it; you hit the “mute” button and it sends that channel to a buss that feeds the ALT output.

If that’s NOT how this new mixer will function, I think that will be really weird and, well, pretty dumb.

1 Like

Personally I’m glad they made it pink. The more people it turns off the more opportunity i’ll have to order one :pray:t3:

20 Likes

Am I missing something for panning?

It looks like there’s meters for panning, but I don’t see an obvious way to adjust it, unless there’s some secondary functions with holding those lower buttons.

I’m also curious about channels 5 & 6. 1-4 are selectable mono or stereo, but are 5&6 fixed stereo? I’m assuming yes since they say 6 stereo channels, but I’ve seen lots of announcements with errors here and there.

I do like that they managed to keep the same length and height as the “B” series releases. I imagine pink will add a nice splash against the green.

See, that’s the point. I was so blinded by the color that could not pay attention to the important features of this device.

Thanks for pointing that out, color AND mini jacks render this unit useless for my setup.

Others, however, may find it perfectly fitting!

3 Likes

Back in the day (Victorian day I think) boys tended to wear pink and girls blue. Then at some point it all got flipped. So such stereotypes are total rubbish.

Nice book called The Politics of Design mentions this.

10 Likes

Why do people get so triggered by minijacks? Its a small mixer with 6 stereo ins like the Bluebox. The footprint would be much bigger with single 1/4 jacks.

3 Likes

It’s the size of two of the B boxes and they each accommodate 4 regular jacks.

2 Likes

Because we need to buy cables again

5 Likes

I don’t mind the 3.5 mm jacks because I’ve already done the BlueBox move. Cords are much easier to manage at this size for what that’s worth to anyone.

It is odd only because the B boxes all support 1/4” jacks.

They are good cables to have and not that expensive. I sold my Bluebox a while back and still use those cables on other pieces of gear all the time.

A blue box accommodates 4 1/4 in jacks?

1 Like

That user is referring to Bam, Bim and Boum, not blue.

1 Like

And they are far less reliable than the 1/4 connection…

2 Likes

Far less reliable? How? I have never experienced this.

They can get ripped out and bent easier than 1/4 in jack cables.

2 Likes

Yeah…and the sockets can damage easier than std 1/4… I guess that is why OTO mentioned that they use high quality switchcraft connectors, but still…

2 Likes

Missed opportunity to call it the ‘OTO Bum Mixer - It helps you get your shit together’

I’ll show myself out.

19 Likes

Yeah makes sense i never had any scares like that. A lot of good gear has the small jacks now so it doesn’t bother me. The way I’d use this thing that would not be a problem but that’s me.

B box, as in Bim Bam Boum. not blue box. They all have 4 regular jack ins and outs. I suppose it might be very cramped inside but the mini jacks are a negative for me.