OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

Are there any audio/video demos online anywhere?

^ yeah, surprising lack of media on them

I already have top notch reverb and delay pedals so not real interested in those but I am on the hunt for a compressor/limiter, perhaps one of these will fit the bill. :slight_smile:

Mine just arrived today - number 33.

Will try and make a video soon but moving house over the next week so everything is in boxes right now.

First impressions without having plugged it in is that it is very well made and looks like the coolest thing I own.

So people are buying these up without hearing them make a single sound? Seems odd the company wouldn’t have some demos. Looking forward to hearing your videos.

How much is Denis charging? I’m so ready for this. My experience with Biscuit makes me such an OTO fanboy.

whens the compressor out??

i had my sights on the boum unit since it was announced in late 2013, but the release date just kept getting pushed back. at this point, it isn’t supposed to be released until around may…

prices are set around $399 euros, i believe.

I was wondering about the price myself…at that price, the delay and reverb are in the same price range as eventide space, and strymon delay pedals so I guess those are out for me…I actually didn’t need them but I love FX units and probably would have picked them up anyway at a lower price point.

I still may be interested in the compressor though…wonder if it has any side-chaining capabilities.

i think they’ll all be fantastic lil’ fx units that will sound big! i just couldn’t wait any longer, and with a 2nd kiddo on the way, i thought i might as well fill the last bit of space in my flight case before we really need to start cutting back funds.

i opted for a strymon deco. no midi and super straightforward. it’s definitely no oto machine, but i kinda like the simplicity of it for use on the mnm stereo outs.

That is a bit pricey but based on my experience with the Biscuit they will be worth it.

my only complaint about the Deco is no midi controls (the OTO machines seem to have all that covered)…other than that, it has to be one of my favorite pedals…I use it pretty much in every mix, even if it’s just playing a subtle role on a single instrument

1 Like

420 euros for the USA (including shipping with insurance and tracking number)

I received a BIM pdf brochure. Lots of great features, for sure!

First few seconds with the marvelous and poetic BIM…

1 Like

thx for the info!

since there isn’t much info/availability yet, I went ahead and just picked up a new eurorack module to do the job for now…it was less than half that price and has some other functionality I needed anyway, I will take a look at these later after more people have their hands on them

cant believe this is still the only video floating around of these little guys… i cant afford it right now but definitely will be getting the whole set. I have been having some really great results using the biscuit with the other fx, specifically waveshaper, envelope follow, delay 100% wet with minimum feedback or tube emulation subtly to add colour to the machinedrum output… so punchy and dirty.

there was a time i nearly sold it. but now for all these new oto machines im wanting so hard… more vids please!!!

I’ve not gotten round to making a video demo yet but I will confirm that BIM is now my favourite effects box. It is really fun to tweak once you know what the LEDs represent in each function. Quite an elegant menu system actually. The Freeze delay is really ace. The filters allow you to sculpt the delay into fall backwards into what feels like a separate space behind the main part so it doesn’t get in the way and sweetly enhances.

I have the Strymon timeline too which is an amazing box for a whole heap of other reason and does things that the OTO can’t so difficult to compare directly other than that the OTO is more fun to jam out with.

From https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaOGn1JyKiLI3rq5iv5sZ3w.

Cheers

1 Like

DIRECT FROM OTO MACHINES FACEBOOK:

BAM Development is finished, we are starting the industrial process.
We will post the first sounds of BAM and specs this week.
Release is expected for end of january…

I am containing excitement as best I can. My BIM sounds better than the recently calibrated RE-201 my old roomie had, expecting only the best from the BAM

1 Like

each time when I talk with an friend about delay he have one machine I his min oto bim oto bim
I have an time factor what is the difference for the same price I see the strymon timeline and the oto bim and time factor.

Cant wait to get a BAM…i love the BIM and having a Biscuit on pre-order. …going full OTO :joy: