NEW OTMKii SKINS!

Interesting. I’ve been wanting for a while to make a new faceplate in black with mate paint just like the DT, that would look amazing and I’d buy it if someone made it… And I guess I’d paint black the rest of the chassis to match. But stickers and skins are much less convincing for me.

1 Like

these are really nice! :smiley:

1 Like

is there any other shop selling octa plates? i’ve never seen this before, it’s really cool

Some of them are really nice

2 Likes

I like that this exists, but the designs definitely aren’t my thing. just changing it to another color would be great though. I could also see wanting to customize it so you can label the tracks (if you always use a certain layout, obviously). or making it with a wipe clean surface of some sort so you could use dry erase markers (or similar) to label tracks.

4 Likes

These are visually striking but prefer the solid colors for actual use. Do you make them for the AR and A4 as well?

I think they use to offer a custom one. Was gonna pull the trigger but they were on baby holiday for awhile and kinda forgot. I don’t see the custom any more…that’s a bummer. I too would like to label some things that aren’t on the faceplate now.

The Hokusai one is ill. Nice.

2 Likes

These are nice but very expensive for what they are. $125 CAD to get it to Canada. That’s a hard no.

2 Likes

Yeah, I could go for a “Retro” faceplate to make my mk II look like a mk I. The warm grey is a hard vibe to get used to.

Yes, solid colors skins have been requested quite often and the most popular ones are black and orange so far; but really any color is possible of course. Here are a couple of recent photos we shared on our IG profile; no editing. I do like the Octa MKII better in black than the original grey honestly.

15 Likes

I did not think that orange would look fucking tight, but it looks fucking tight!

Profanity is mandatory, to get the message across.

7 Likes

These are really nice, but i’m more inspired to do my own :slight_smile: I wonder if I can remember how to use Adobe illustrator? The Smurfs one is amazing :slight_smile: A Wombles DT one would be pretty sick.

That’s the dream.

4 Likes

What’s the material?

Preach!

1 Like

They are printed on adhesive photo paper, applied on repurposed x-ray sheets also known as film (super robust material), then laser cut. There’s no adhesive as it would leave residues on the device, and it even might ruin its finish. You just remove the 6 top screws, put it in place, screws back on.

2 Likes

Why not! :smile:
(just for fun)

4 Likes

It does look pretty good. I can already hear people asking, “wtf is that box with the wombles on it?”

2 Likes

I am attaching a rough Octatrack MKII Photoshop template (there’s a png file too) I made available a while ago; just for people to get an idea of how their picture/photo would look like as a skin. Have fun :sunglasses:

OctaMK2_skin_template.zip (6.5 MB)

5 Likes

Is it possible to do Octatrack MK1’s?