OP-1 field

Oh thank god that’s all I needed and better.

So you can have some slices in a choke group and some not?

Sales tax is already included for EU zone in TE store prices. Super weird… 2335eur wow…

1 Like

All right unmuted because I was bored. Why do Americans get this so much cheaper compared to the UK/EU when it’s not even made in America? $1,999 is approximately £1,630 yet TE says the price for the UK is £1,999! And $1,999 is ~€1,920.

:sweat_smile: shots fired!

I have some dust collectors, but the OG OP-1 tis not on that list! I’m afraid for the day it dies.

You need to get out more

1 Like

We need to do a group buy on some replacement batteries. I’m in the same camp as you.

It’s interesting to watch all the different ways companies are trying to survive the current global situation. Some are taking the high road, some are switching markets, some are being clever…

1 Like

Yes kind of. You have a new play setting marked ->G and those samples will be choked by the next sample being played.

So it’s not a really a choke group, since the samples using that play mode will be affected by every other sample.

1 Like

I think TE adds the brexit tax on the price in the store… so when you check it out you get a deduction which you later pay the government (I guess? Not sure how it works)

1 Like

Hey @MichaalHell, has the keybed changed? Any problems with keys double triggering?

The keybed feels roughly the same. I haven’t had any issues with double trigs

That 2300+ price might soon be true. Remember the original one’s price increase.

In 6 months TE will be like, “due to high price we didn’t make enough money, so we’re raising the price by 20% to cover “increased” manufacturing costs”. As in that Lou Reed song “money makes money the say” :joy::joy:

Double triggering is an OP-Z issue. I never encountered this on OP-1.

1 Like

Not sure how widespread this is, but I read of units with keys retriggering after release.

Ridiculously expensive and pretentious.

Less import tax and VAT is a lot lower in the US than it is in Europe and UK

1 Like

I’m finding a lot wrong with this device, a lot of things that I will put aside as soon as I have 2k available.

Really though, I bought my OP-1 for 650 used. It was worth about that much. When they went out of stock the prices shot up and I sold it for a grand. TE famously came out saying that nobody should spend that much for an OP-1. I think really they got a glimpse at the perceived value they had and wanted a piece.

And I think it is a valuable little thing. To say it’s a toy is disingenuous and, probably, petty. It’s just overpriced. Which is upsetting to me only because I can’t justify the cost despite knowing how useful and fun an OP-1 can be.

5 Likes

Good news you get to save money!

Hey, at least it’s 100 times better than OP-1. If that’s true it might as well cost 80 000 EUR

I for one am looking forward to test new features like
DUAL VELCRO® BACK FASTENERS
BUILT-IN USER GUIDE
ERGONOMIC POWER SWITCH
HIGH RESOLUTION ACCELEROMETER
NEW FONT

and not to forget about

PRINTED MANUAL INCLUDED
QR CODE GUIDE LINK

2k is cheap these days

1 Like

A bargain.

Accelerometer is a must, though: without it you can’t clean the Marx sequencer.

1 Like