OP-1 field

In that case the answer is probably to do what I used to do on the OG-1, and just go through the patches, and write down the ones I wanted to keep/delete, then do it all with the computer.

1 Like

If you’re asking about deleting stock patches I’m not sure that you can, I think you can only delete user patches, and on the field you can now do that on the device itself.

Not sure because I haven’t tried, but I’d love to hear if anyone has deleted the stock patches

practically zero cons” review:

2 Likes

Great call out. I discovered this using koala sampler which is also a great op1 companion.

Makes it so much quicker to record anything playing on my phone into the app input

1 Like

Yep i’m afraid youre right. Strange that this is not possible on the device itself……

Just mentioning over here, that I updated DigiChain yesterday with the OP-1 Field specific features live on the main url.

Importing the aif files from the Field allows you to get the slices out of the kit into separate samples, and you can create new drum kits to feed into the Field. The merge allows the creation of A/B kits with a different sample on each channel.

And, if you load in the tape files, you can can also load in the tape.json file in the slicer panel to chop up the tape into the slice points you made on the fields tape. I’ve been using this to quickly get loops out of the field and into a daw without having to manually slice them up.

Let me know if there are any other Field specific things that I could add, Thanks!

17 Likes

Reading now. While I am someone who LOVES the field, I can’t say it doesn’t have cons. I can however say that, at least for me, it doesn’t have cons which are enough to dissuade me from using it as much as I possibly can.

From the review:

Blockquote There is not any portable device that can do all the things that the OP-1 can do on its own.

I feel this point is oft overlooked. Good mic, usable speaker, bus power for USB mics, BLE midi, built in velocity sensitive keys, knobs etc - there is not a directly comparable product out there. Not to mention the workflow where ‘tape’ and sampler can lift and drop back and forth am bizarre textural storms can be whipped up with aplomb, even if at the end you can’t say exactly how you made that awesome sample or how to exactly recreate it again.

10 Likes

amazing, thanks

1 Like

That looks incredible! Maybe I will have now the motivation to create my own drum kits (I already did by sampling but didn’t mapp every keys of drum kits as it is so manual…).

1 Like

Field installed, along with TX-6 and a cheeky Wingie 2 for good measure.

Getting used to the crispness yielded from the new TE gear.
A whole new world from my OG / SSL Six adventures.

9 Likes

Nice, looks like a 100% unsyncable ambient setup! lovely though

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the current state of things.
Feeding space,
sequencers taking a breather.

Having some fun with latest OP-1 Field patches from soundghost:

8 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

which patches from soundghost (where can I find them)> sounds cool!

Thanks.

Link is in the YouTube description.

Here it is as well:

3 Likes

Many thanks!

Just received my OP-1 Field and it says Made in China on it! Is this something new?
I thought they were made in Malaysia.

Bought! Thanks for the rec, these are really great patches!

1 Like

Sure thing. They are very nice on the senses…