New Mirador(Ryan) album

I wanted to make a meditation album for people too scatterbrained to meditate. I think this might have been the most focused I’ve ever been for a project.

From the jump I made a list of mental plagues and tried to find sounds that resonate with those emotions.

The album should be on all major steaming services, bandcamp, and soundcloud.

I’ll include the links i have to share:

(50% the album using the code VeryHappy- as in OT users will be VeryHappy)

(Discount code only available for this weekend)

Listen to Something for the Ailments, a playlist by Mirador on #SoundCloud

Thank you for listening! :slightly_smiling_face:

25 Likes

I will surely have a listen later on Dr. Ryan. Congrats on the release!

3 Likes

Thanks @Tchu I hope you dig it!

3 Likes

Listening now and loving it! It’s the perfect cozy atmosphere for my current state: recovering from Covid, wrapped in a ton of blankets.

5 Likes

I didn’t set out to relieve THAT ailment, but super glad its useful for that!

4 Likes

Well done. Congrats on the release!

4 Likes

@Ryan this is fantastic! Congrats!

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to it (3 times) while correcting my students exams. I really like it. I like the stereo field of the Tracks. Cool Sounds, well mixed, a breeze. It’s not always on the meditation side, though. :rofl:

Again, congrats on a really good release! :heart::pray:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m relieved and delighted that you enjoy it!

Thank you for your kind words! Super glad you enjoyed it!

I deem it all the good parts of meditation music without that nonsense of having to calm your thoughts down :grinning:

4 Likes

One of my friends made me a video for the opening track!

I’ll also include this in the original post

9 Likes

Congrats on the new album!

I was out and about on this beautiful fall day, and put this album on when I came back. It turned to be a great album to chill with, and transition from day things to night things.

Cool video too.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m really glad you and everyone else enjoyed the album.

The plan is that its my last musical project(i managed to get myself wrapped up in other projects. So I’ll wrap those up and im out)

Glad people like it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wait, you’re not going to make music after this? I’m digging this album big time.

1 Like

I’ve got a collaboration project to finish up.

I offered a musician a remix of their first folk release.

I’m collabing with an old friend from Boston on making recording an old folk song i wrote in 2011.

After that I’m out. Maybe write a book or screenplay or something.

I met someone that makes short films and commercials. He mentioned me scoring something someday.

I don’t personally believe it, but thats what would bring me back to music.

I’m very happy you like the music, tho! It’s creative commons, use the music for whatever!

2 Likes

As I told you when I gave this the first listen, it’s really a nice divergence from prior releases without the normal jarring effect of a piece that has a different tone to past works.

Hope you change your mind, would enjoy seeing more Mirador releases hit the forum at some point when your obligations let up. We could all use a little more of your unbridled enthusiasm.

Awesome that you put this up as creative commons though, nice sentiment.

1 Like

Thank you so much, my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been doing some all nighters working on Meat Team ep 2.

I keep finding myself getting music projects. My musical brother, Classy Vampire, reached out to me to do a collab- i couldn’t pass up the opportunity to collab with him(he’s got an album coming out Friday that I’m super excited for, btw)

I keep trying to get out, but I keep getting pulled back in.

Here’s a little PS: to the album :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad this popped up again. Almost missed it.
Congrats on the release!

3 Likes

This album put me in a very peaceful state yesterday after work.
Listened through it with closed eyes and enjoyed it a lot.
Love the ambient side of it but also the quirky drum beats.
Very melodic, very tasteful.
The string melodies reminded me of aphex i care because you do, richard james album era quite a bit

Really nice tunes, congrats @Ryan

3 Likes

Thank you so much for listening! Really glad you enjoyed it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Unifono my last response was mostly reactionary out of the warmth of your response, but it felt incomplete.

You put a lot of thought into your response, and I need to at least put as much effort into my response.

Thank you for listening to the album with your eyes closed- thats a level of earnest indulgence that is far beyond what any creator could ask for- and I greatly appreciate you doing.

I suppose the I Care Because You Do sound might be coincidental from shared inspiration.

Loneliness- i tried to channel Brian Eno Airports Track 1

Emptiness & Regret- idk, but it feels like the trenches of Godspeed You! Black Emperor/Silver Mt Zion to me

As trite as the words may seem, my friend, its totally earnest- thank you for listening to the work.

There was a lot of stress and toil in the resulting sounds- and I appreciate it

2 Likes