New Mirador EP released

Wow, my one and only City I’ve lived in!

1 Like

So many of my favorite acts were up there. I wish I had just a BIT of money when I lived in Boston to cross over and visit it

1 Like

Edit: The hour of reckoning has arrived.

1 Like

Really nice mix of sounds and a lot of fun to listen to, feels a bit playful. Thanks for sharing the EP/album.

Also I learned something listening to this, as much as I use dt I had never acknowledged that it has a signature sound. But I can really tell that it’s the dt when I listen to this, interesting lesson learned.

2 Likes

Yeah dude! I mean, I’ve always absently noticed that it sounds really nice. But from bouncing back and forth from making music in Renoise and making music with the Digitakt it really has a nice flavor that I appreciate(also its fun to compose on)

2 Likes

Just found this tread.
Will definitely check out the release!!
Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks!

A fun bookend to the “Convenience” cycle :wink:

This one feels more compositionally dense, or maybe just more emotive? Shanda, in particular takes me from “that’s a cool sound” all the way through a full bustling environment of feels. Great stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought so too!

Thank you so much! I’m really glad you enjoyed it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Mirador fear Satan keeps getting stuck in my head.

1 Like

Hopefully its more the pleasant assortment of visitor :grinning:

1 Like

lol I love it but it’s almost like it has the same quality as that six flags song for getting stuck in your head, just not in that bad oh god this again way, but a good catchy oh god this again way

1 Like

Thats it. I’m gonna make a video for it thats reminiscent of a theme park at night.

THEN IT CAN GET STUCK IN EVERYONES HEAD!!!

1 Like

Thank god please do the dance PLEASE DO THE DANCE!!

1 Like

Lol whats the half life on how long an artist appreciation of their work?

Because its been just shy of a year and I still think this is a killer collection of tracks :grinning:

1 Like

mirador fear satan should be your walking music, like on a tv show when a character has a theme, that track should follow you every time you stand up from your seat.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest. When I first released this that was at the bottom of my track ranking.

Going back and listening to it im now like “yeah, this bangs”

1 Like

All of the tracks are good though, not trying to downplay the rest of the album, but that one has a standout element to it in that it’s both upbeat/catchy and memorable, just without being obnoxious like most of the stuff that gets stuck in your head often is.

1 Like