New MeeBlip Triode

Just pre-ordered mine. Can’t wait for MM’s arp & sequencer to gobble it up!

This version was made for big bass.

• Two aggressive MeeBlip digital oscillators for maximum bass impact
  • A third sub-oscillator with pure square wave output (no samples, no digital-to-analog conversion)
  • Switchable waveforms: square, PWM sweep, and sawtooth
  • Twin-T analog resonant filter inspired by guitar stompboxes
  • 24 custom wavetables for endless sonic possibilities
  • MIDI control of every single parameter you see, plus more under the hood
  • LFO routable to oscillators or filter
  • MIDI IN jack
  • Stereo audio mini jack output
  • Includes multi-volt power adapter (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz) with US/Canada plug
  • Limited run of only 1000 hand-numbered units

4 Likes

That sounds SO GOOD!

1 Like

Where are said wavetables? As in where do you switch between them and through the waves? Don’t see any of those controls.

Great question!

In the Anode, accessing the 16 custom wavetables was an “under the hood” feature. I assume with the Triode it will be similar to access its 24 wavetables.
But it does remain to be seen.

Here’s how it was implemented in the previous product, the MeeBlip Anode:

The MeeBlip anode Wavetable Mode

The new wavetable mode is available as an option when you turn on the anode. To get at them, hold down the MIDI Select button on the back of the unit as you power it on. Then, instead of having the usual width and sweep controls for a rectangle wave, you can turn the Width knob to select from 8 different waves, each with its own timbre. To access the second bank, use the Sweep switch to switch from Bank 1 to Bank 2.

These are the waves in each wavetable:

Wave Bank 1: Sawtooth, blended sawtooth, FM 1, distorted 1, granular 1, voice 1, voice 2
Wave Bank 2: Bit reduced 1, bit reduced 2, bit reduced 3, distorted 2, distorted 3, FM 2, FM 3, more granular.

The “Width & Sweep” knob and switch on the Anode are the same as the “Glide & Waveform” knob and switch on the Triode. I imagine the custom wavetables will be accessed in a similar way.

2 Likes

Im looking for reviews for this - Ive been in the market for a dedicated bass synth for a good while now… there are so many options it was a difficult decision.

Then this came along and the price demands my attention. Ideally I want synths with patch memory OR something simple enough to edit quickly that patch memory doesnt matter, and this hits the latter.

My other (foregone) purchase is the new Volca Kick, and I know it does bass as well so I was planning on holding out for that, but the release keeps getting pushed back and Im tired of waiting because I need to get moving and rolling along with my new gear setup so I can get some work sooner rather than later.

Anyways - long story short - Im looking for any reviews of this synth… basically Im just looking for someone to give an impression of it in terms of a bass synth - how is the natural response? does the naked output give enough bass energy? that kind of thing

Its hard to tell from videos because there is no simultaneous A/B comparisons with anything, and video samples on something like this just doesnt cut it - basically needs to be something I can hear live, in-person. Or, get some feedback from people that have heard it in person, or ideally someone who owns one and is a bit familiar.

So anyone have one of these yet?

I’m happy with it.

Got it a few days before my Atlantis, though, so haven’t had nearly as much time with it as I normally take with new gear.

But the filter has great character, and that sub OSC is big.
I tested it with MD as the sequencer but will probably end up using it with MM more, instead.

2 OSC + Sub is one of my favorite sound sources, and the detune knob goes far enough to do 3 pitch chords with the sub engaged.

1 Like

I’m curious if anyone had used it with the OT. I have the Anode and I can’t sequence it unless I disable midi clock send on the OT.

Sounds cool - yeh I will probably pick one up just for the convenience factor alone

i wish the guy still sold the original meeblip SE though

It’s worth it if you have an MM, MD or OT. There’s lots more parameters under the hood that are MIDI accessible.
It loves the MIDI LFOs.

@AdamJay can’t wait for some snippets of yours with the Triode driven by an Elektron !!
:tongue:

What? Why not? What’s it do with clock on?

It’s such a little red badass.

If midi clock is on the Anode just doesn’t play any notes I send it. Midi clock off it works fine, but since I have other gear I’d like to send clock to that’s not ideal.

There’s an old thread where someone else had the issue, but as far as I know there’s no other fix.

Mine should arrive on Friday , had to pay £30 customs charge ( I’m in the U.K.)
Will figure out total cost and post on here though I bought before brexit

I know it’s a bit more expensive, but if you want something small, with presets, you can’t go wrong with Shruthi-1.
It’s quite an amazing synth, extremely powerful and versatile… 2 osc+subosc+noise, 2 lfo’s, 2 env, a 12 (if I remember correctly) modulation matrix, lots of different osc types and mix algorythms, arpeggiator and step sequencer…

2 Likes

Yea, the Triode is the same way. Sending it clock is no good.
But it doesn’t require clock, doesn’t need it, and is the last thing in my MIDI chain (as it has no out or thru, anyway), so it’s a non issue for me.

1 Like

havent forgot you here… stay tuned for updates because some of you may be interested in what Ive discovered… I need to vet this before reporting back

suffice to say its related to the world of the shruthi

2 Likes

ive got both (shruthi and triode) but havent delved into either too much

i got some nice noises out of the triode the other day though, very solid and deep bass , nice to cycle through the waveforms too. i may records a few examples at the weekend.

i found the lfo rate a little sensitive in the lower value , its off , then seems to jump up a little , not exactly a linear increase from zero , although it may be the ‘zero’ is at centre … i should read the manual too,

3 Likes

Price reduced to $99.95 for a limited period: https://meeblip.com/collections/our-products/products/meeblip-triode-synthesizer

ive made a midi designer control surfarce for triode , i’ll post it one day.
its quite raw and cheap , i think there are/were import duties to pay though , so be careful in the uk / if he’s sending it from the usa.

Anybody paired this with the DT yet? Thinking about treating myself for the holidaze!