New Machines for your machine

Okay… hear me out… I know Im just excited… but I own ALOT of great synths… Gma, Matriach, Prophet 6.

But Im playing with RAW… and for the first time, I finally can actually HEAR what the two wavefrorms are doing to each other… I dont know if its how the oscillators oscillate, or what… Im new to this… but Osc 1 will do what it do depending on what i choose, and then I hear how Osc 2 modifies the sound…

I think its the presence and clarity of the sound, coupled with the graphic truly representing what the wave form is, instead of me turning a dial to a label like all the other synths, this time, I turn the dial, and the waveform graphic changes… it seems so obvious now…

And oh my god… the bass tone running through my bassy Bose soundbar is literally rattling my lego collection…

This is incredible… and that square wave with the ring mod… yamete kudasai… uhhhhhhhhhh…

5 Likes

So, am I dreaming? Anyone can chime in?

1 Like

I’m Dreaming With you!

2 Likes

Quick question… what does the little square at the beginning of the waveform mean?

And I know Im blaspheming. But I saying that the RAW is analog Moog sound, and swarm is a little Juno like?

It means that it resets the phase of the wave shape.

2 Likes

Oh, so every trigger resets it?

word.

1 Like
1 Like

I know! I was waiting to play with the sounds blindly, then I was going to watch the videos and read the manual… Im trying to really enjoy the act of discovery and naiveté… !

im so happy!

Plus it feels like the first night of a blockbuster summer action flick, coming in hear, playing with the sounds and talking with each other…!

5 Likes

That’s not what I meant. I wanted to give you the info from Ricky. The video is set to the info part.

2 Likes

Get all the beat making in which you can with that energy (would be my best advice). I’m feeling that too right now and just made my favorite thing that I’ve created with Syntakt so far.

Also, it is great seeing the nice vibes happening here today! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I love ricky! I didnt mean to come of any type of way… I was trying to convey excitement and joy, not annoyance… sorry for the miscommunication!

Bro, you rock!

1 Like

I will say… the more I listen to what these new sounds are… they aren’t that much different from the tone of the other machines… you can definatly tell its from the same DNA… but the subtle character differences really do sound amazing to me.

Im tryin to say is that they definitely sound just as good as the other ones, and are not wildly different… The syntakt got that SOUND.

Is it just me, or is the Syntakt the box to beat right now? I haven’t touched my TR8s since this came out, and I love that thing. Im cheating on my baby with a new side chick.

2 Likes

oh definitely! My favorite pattern only used one of each of the new machines. I’m just really excited right now and I think that’s always healthy for a boost of creativity.

3 Likes

you are so right.

1 Like

Now swarm is weird though… its like a chrorusy, reverby synth sound with a bunch of vinyl sim… its like a bunch of effects all in one… I was looking for something like this… even sounds drifty with detune all the way out…

Wait… I just had to look at the screen… the first is waveform noise distortion… second animation is the dfrift sound… and the detune is little plates to bounce the sound…

this graphic design is amazing.

I do wish the fundamental sub, which i gather is a sub oscillator would be more beefy.

Edit… taking the noise and animation out brings some of the beef back. reEDIT… its more like turning down the mix… is taking out the other voices? and letting the sub through more?

It might look that way, but he has count in enabled (that you can enable from the metronome page). Look at the flashing record symbol and you’ll see that he just starts at the fifth beat (that comes after four count in beats).

4 Likes

anyone notice any presets for the new machines?

I noticed this as well… looks like it’s initiated the same way as regular live record mode so I wonder if it’s configurable in the settings? I haven’t dug in yet to explore but I’m not seeing anything about it in the latest manual either.

1 Like

Yep, and it’s blurry but tempo appears to be double time, which makes it harder to see as 1 measure count-in.

Enjoying the new machines and think the harmonics of both add a lot of welcome harmonious, soft, high end that had been really hard to dial in before.

(A sonic space that had been putting undue pressure on those poor hats, maybe they’ll blend in a little better now. Even more unrelatedly, in the demo, I thought Ricky’s hats were on point).

3 Likes

This update makes me really really happy! It is what I was missing on the Syntakt most: A melodic engine. would I like something like the SY Raw as Digital engine? Absolutely! would I like it to have 3 Osc for simple chords? hell yeah, but with this update alone, Syntakt is more than I hoped it to be already!

2 Likes