New Heat+Fx as main audio interface (with Mac)

Hi all!

I’d like to ask that does new Heat work 100% flawlessly and liably as an audio interface? Reason I am asking this is that my Digitone has never worked perfectly. It seems to work fine but then you suddenly get a dropout - no audio until you reset your Digitone.

In professional use you cannot have this kind of uncertainty or fear no matter how rare the problem is….

1 Like

That type of behavior from a Digitone is not common. Yes, you can reliably use an Analog Heat +FX as an audio interface.

2 Likes

Never had any issues using a Digi as an audio interface, the Heat +FX being no exception. So yes, works flawlessly in my studio.

Strange thing is that some users seem to get these drop outs and others don’t. Just search with ”audio drop out” and you’ll see quite many threads about that issue.

As said above if you have these (like myself) you’ll probably give up with something that you cannot trust 100%. I have a rock solid RME interface so why bother.

Digi is synth and for that audio interface is just little extra. With Heat this is little different. I would probably never buy it if this sound card feature does not work.

If you’re on Windows, the issues relating to audio drop-outs could be related to a lot of things, such as conflicting drivers, but even with Apple issues arise with cheap USB hubs and faulty USB cables. I have a USB hub which causes problems from time to time. It’s hard to say what the problem is until you try alternative setups. In my experience, the issue is never the hardware and rarely the software.

2 Likes