New EP - Phillip O - Profundidades: TRES

First time posting a thread here with my music, not my first EP.

This is the third edition of a series I dubbed “Profundidades”, where I showcase my explorations into the deeper sounds of house.

“press release” pasted below:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNm3QjyC9njbNezMRP-TJ-fJT0Uds8r_o&si=JSpXi619zZKWfSkN

ELK031 - Profundidades: TRES

The Profundidades series comes back! This time with a more minimal and organic edge, yet still retaining the Deep vibes the Profundidades series demands. “Profundidades: TRES” comes with not tres, but cuatro tunes.

The EP begins with “Llovizna”, a slow-paced, Electric Piano-filled, beautiful and melancholic piece that blends organic and synthetic elements within a minimal-style framework. “Objeto” brings things up a notch and into the present with its fast paced tempo. Deep pads, soft vocals and classic stabs accompaied by a funky bass line. Pure vibes.

Moving forward, “Coetaneo” breakdowns might fool you into thinking is a mid 2000’s US House track, with it’s epic strings and soft vocals, only to be stripped down to drums and bass,sprinkled with 303 lines and pitch shifting percussions, a vibe more reminiscent of mid 2000’s minimal. Finishing off the EP, “Altiplano” attempts to blend classic House sounds together with a mid 2000’s minimal aesthetic. Heavy drums, funky bass, jazzy stabs, vocal stabs and weird little noises all over the place round up this 4 track EP by Phillip O

Special thanks to talented Atlanta photographer Luz Wright for providing the photograph used for the artwork. :heart: check out her book “wild Atlanta” here: wildatlanta.net/

3 Likes

Perfect soundtrack this afternoon. Digging the artwork a lot too

Favourite track: Coetaneo

1 Like