New EP, papertiger - songs for shaky hands

I think my natural assumption was a Parkinson’s Disease reference.

Now there’s nothing wrong with that, but when it went without further contextualisation it set me a little on edge—as though a title such as that should be the preserve of an author perhaps experiencing the disease or directly or exploring its impacts.

Writing that down sounds faintly ridiculous (it certainly doesn’t offend me), but it was there as a nag, so thought I’d share it.

1 Like

I’m getting here after the battle, but I’ve been away for a long time and got back few weeks ago.

I was thrown back to 2009-ish seeing the @papertiger nickname :slight_smile: (in the topic about vintage Elektron posters hehe). And it certainly is a good surprise to see you published some new music. I own a CD of what may be you latest release before this one: 4 titles, dark petrol blue cover with geometric patterns, mastered by @Tarekith (oh, typing just “@Tar” and I now know he’s here too :slight_smile: ).
Cannot remember the album title but I know that when I and my ex-girlfriend split, I knew this disc was stuck in her CD-player and I had to play screwdriver to get it back :smiley:

I can’t wait to listen to this… as soon as I have a decent system and moment to do so.

Just before writign all this, I did not know exactly whether to put it here or sending a private Hi message… but then I saw those other, so familiar nicknames: @darenager, @tIB, and @Tarekith while typing. Tumbling on you guys got a smile on my face tonight!

Plus I’m glad to revive this thread if it can allow anyone to get to know this music.

7 Likes

This album is great, I’m glad you bumped this.

6 Likes

Oh wow. I definitely remember you from back in the day!

Your message is unbelievably kind. I sort of don’t know what to say! :blush: Thank you for listening then and now, and welcome back!

Must be this one, maybe? harmonizing the seams | papertiger | Future Image Records

I don’t think I even own a CD copy of it! :laughing:

It’s a bit different around here, but you will see some old faces and there are some solid new ones as well. It’s been such a long time, but I can’t quit this forum because of how integrated Elektron-users.com was into my life, and how this one has become the only place I feel “comfortable” on the internet even though it’s a lot different from the original forum (think going from a backyard clubhouse to a mixed use town center with retail, bars, eateries, etc. :laughing:).

I hope you have been well, and “having fun and being cool!” :sunglasses: :laughing:

3 Likes

I never thanked you for your question. So, thanks!

2 Likes

Not putting pressure on you @papertiger but your music’s bleedin’ brilliant and lovely. There’s lots of us hoping for more where that came from. You got a very unique style that makes the tough, become accessible and even comfortable. Like the Knife, only with less beats.

3 Likes

No idea how I missed this the first time. Lovely stuff, purchased!

1 Like

Same!
Jumping on now.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely been well, thanks :slight_smile: I hope you’ve been too. I’ve done other things like getting my teenager grunge band back to business haha :smiley:

The album of yours I have is actually Plural Mine, but that Harmonizing the seams’ title definitely rings a bell. I’ll listen to it as well.
Listening to those Songs for shaky hands right now: perfect sound track for this quiet evening here, great music, thanks for sharing it.

I forgot to mention @Nils too… I’ve just been visiting the Actual Memories page and got even more nostalgic. Not that the present is bad, but… I don’t know. I was discovering/digging something back then and this feeling still resonates in me. I had one of the most prolific periods in music, I pushed some limits and you guys were with me in that backyard clubhouse :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all so, so much! It means a lot to me that people are listening and also enjoying the music I’ve made. :blush:

@circuitghost I have a “lost” EP sort of ready to go (b-sides, maybe?) and a collection of songs that I would like to finish and release if I could just get my energy levels back up and the kids off to a babysitter. :laughing: It’s inspirational to have so many cheering for me, and the folder is titled “2023-2024 EP,” so hopefully sooner rather than later. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Your first post inspired me to go back to Elektron-Users.com for a peek… and I had to leave after a few minutes of browsing as I stated to tear up. Actuel’s death is still too raw, I suppose. So many memories wrapped up in those electrons! (puns…)

And yes, @Nils is still around, and others from back in the day. If an icon or a name tickles your memory, best to hover and see if your instinct is right. Lots of old cats still lurking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad this got a bump as I missed it when initially posted. Made for a lovely commute to work today. Sevenfifteen was the highlight for me personally, will definitely be keeping an eye out for more music from you.

1 Like