New EP: No Masters - Horticulture

Was shooting for an albums worth but ran out of time before the new baby is due, so you’re only getting four tracks.
Mostly Digi twins with Analog Heat, but there’s support from DFAM, Lyra 8, Erica DB-01 and Quadraverb.

Enjoy.

23 Likes

Bonza. I’ll give this a listen after lunch while I do some painting . Cheers!

Hope you enjoy it.

Wow, that first track alone – totally amazing! Added to my Bandcamp wish list to get on a Friday :wink:

1 Like

yeh some great stuff here. can i hear a bit of zen delay?

1 Like

@craig, thanks. Completely forgot about the whole Friday thing.

@Altro, no Zen Delay (I wish), that’s the delay on the Digitone.

Thanks for listening.

1 Like

Really good stuff @Fin25
Emotional without being emotional

What ever you’re doing to the digitakt to get that sound keep doing it.

Some of the digi sounds remind of 4AD guitars.
Some nods to Negative Kite also.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I know what you mean, I was going for that gap in-between melancholy and hopeful.

Pretty much exactly what I was going for, mission accomplished.

The funny thing is that, apart from the break in track 2, pretty much all the Digitakt sounds are the default drum sounds, just heavily processed, both internally and with the Analog Heat/quadraverb.

3 Likes

Yep. Most people dont realise you can go along way with stock sounds. Great job of making samples sound like they are not samples, if you know What I mean.

2 Likes

The whole aim was to try to get the Digis to sound as organic and un-digital as possible, almost tricking the listener into thinking they might be listening to a band.
I feel pretty happy with what came out.
Having said all that though, my favourite sound, and one which I came across semi-accidentally is the pitched rim shot/snare sound on track one, which is the Erica DB-01 playing a random sequence whilst FMing the shit out of itself.

2 Likes

That’s what drew me in instantly :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Erica Bassline’s a cheeky little fucker. It doesn’t look like much but it’s got a very wide sound pallette. I think it’s the BBD detune that does it, it’s just mad, turns every sound into something really different sounding.

1 Like

Diggin’ this, nice work!

Also, your Headache Techno EP rules.

1 Like

Thanks for listening.

Made a video for track 4.

2 Likes

Proper ravey! Brings back memories.

1 Like

As long as it’s memories not flashbacks…

This is a great set of songs! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it.

Nice one. Thanx for sharing. I’ll have a listen. So far filthy like I like it. Go forth and populate (make others like you). All in a good way. :smiley:

1 Like