Elektron Tonverk Trademark Speculations

Not least for the prevalence of posts suggesting a subscription model.

brb manifesting a non-subscription model even harder

11 Likes

Astrolab is implemented badly, but if it would be fully bi directional, the complaints wouldnt be that high. I suspect that we also get some sequencing updates - as Elektron is for sure aware of Oxi /Hapax.

Maybe it would be more screen oriented which would most probably lead to some big updates on the sequencer front.

I’m really talking out of my ass here, but imagine if you remove tge upper left side of a Takt/Tone machine and implement a screen and keep everything else as is (sequencer rows, encoders etc.)

1 Like

Caught in a landslide? No escape from reality?

6 Likes

I think from a business standpoint, it would make most sense - build a platform like akai did, and then sell plugins - they have basicallly everything to do it - the market does want it - otherwise, the mpc wouldnt have that success. Allthough i am not really klicking with the mpc stuff, it has its useful aspects - so really want to see Elektrons take on it, especially if its more hands on, and allow a real hybrid workflow.

2 Likes

There was an EU Trade mark application published at EUIPO on 04/03/2024. In the European Union you can apply at national level to your industrial property office or at EU level to EUIPO depending your needs.

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/#/tmview/detail/EM500000018991829

Thing of note with this one is the owner is Abion AB, which is also in Göteborg. Guessing on behalf of E then since that seems to be part of the business offering. Makes me think there was more attempt to keep this under wraps but it’s public info at this point.

1 Like

Abion AB is a branding company, probably paid by Elektron to deal with trademark registration and maintenance. Abion - We empower your brand

3 Likes

I think a general purpose platform could be really interesting. And it probably stops second hand sales vampirising new sales as it feels like better value than buying takt and tone. And arguably more green. And people who want two boxes can still buy two boxes, they’re just general purpose. And that leads you into better integrated interaction between two boxes maybe.

3 Likes

If it’s a USB controller/sequencer I wouldn’t want it; performing with a computer is just asking for punishment; at a ambient show I went to recently the guy’s laptop BSOD’d midway. The quality of OS’s and computer hardware has dipped noticeably in recent years. Even dealing with OB can be a headache; recently swore to go oldschool all the way.

2 Likes

I remember one of Elektron’s semi-recent survey featuring the question “would you be interested in VST recreations of existing instruments” (approximately). Maybe in one of those “Elektron Feedback Loop” emails. (last one I can find dates back to 2021…)

So that might be a clue?

2 Likes

I answered yes to this. If a VST of Monomachine with a built-in sequencer were available for like $100 I’d consider it

4 Likes

VST and standalone versions of the silver twins that have overbridge where you put your device into a PC mode and it controls it all like an elektron device.

has anybody worked on any Maxmsp or PD patches that simulate the synthesis and routinng of the MnM?

1 Like

Looking further into this, Syntakt was announced a bit more than three months after applying for the worldwide trademark. 3 months from date of publication apparently is the opposition period for EU trademarks. This would hint at an announcement in the first half of June. Would be weird missing out on a Super Booth announcement by such a small margin, though. Maybe they will still announce it there as I’m sure they did their homework if any opposing claims could come up.

1 Like

I just want all of the Fors instruments and fx from @Ess ported into a Digi-sized box. Too much to ask?

14 Likes

Well, nobody saw this I guess. It‘s from February.
But all this somehow hints to Superbooth. Why else would they rent so much space if there isn‘t anything new and people would keep asking about Tonverk and a second LFO for RYTM?

3 Likes

Somethings cooking at fors, pretty quiet and ess said somewhere he is hard working.
Don‘t think it‘s hardware. You could ask for an Ipad app.

2 Likes

It looks like they fast tracked this one…

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018991829

4 Likes

This would end my love affair with Elektron instantly.

16 Likes

Tonverk sounds a bit Ikea.

8 Likes