Elektron Tonverk Trademark Speculations

My best guess if anything is to be launched “soon” is that it will be during Superbooth in mid May.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced you guys know how collective manifestation works, instead of elektron is not going to release anything forever we should be saying yes elektron will release the new instrument right now, tomorrow, or by the day after tomorrow at the latest

11 Likes

Yeah agreed, 5-8 months down the line

So its VST in a box?

As in, is it digital ?

It could be anything at this point, but personally I’d prefer a digital thing rather than an analog one.

But for now, it’s all dreams, and in the end, it’s that part of the GAS that I like the most.

I translate verk = with arbeit in german, so actually i think something like werk - what we call factory. Tonefactory - i assume some engines are working in a factory. I belive the overbridge /vst stuff could have a xbreed, where you download the vst engine to the hw device - sounds very promising.
I hope for some hifidelity oscillators.

3 Likes

Embedded is usually a generic term for things like DSP etc. basically where you program on intergrated hardware system. Robotic lawnmowers would be another area where embedded software is used for instance.

So the framing of embedded music software and downloadable, makes me think of something like Arturia Astrolab… So basically a Elektron box where you can download Elektron VST´s to the box for standalone use.

4 Likes

This doesn’t mean it can’t be on sale sooner though.

1 Like

Oh man, would you imagine the fuss and the sheer disappointment on this very forum if this was something like that ?

In some ways you could consider the Syntakt to be a similar thing, but without the ability to edit presets in detail on the computer (obviously a stretch, sorry in advance :)) )

2 Likes

it would be a riot!

1 Like

Not least for the prevalence of posts suggesting a subscription model.

brb manifesting a non-subscription model even harder

11 Likes

Astrolab is implemented badly, but if it would be fully bi directional, the complaints wouldnt be that high. I suspect that we also get some sequencing updates - as Elektron is for sure aware of Oxi /Hapax.

Maybe it would be more screen oriented which would most probably lead to some big updates on the sequencer front.

I’m really talking out of my ass here, but imagine if you remove tge upper left side of a Takt/Tone machine and implement a screen and keep everything else as is (sequencer rows, encoders etc.)

1 Like

Caught in a landslide? No escape from reality?

6 Likes

I think from a business standpoint, it would make most sense - build a platform like akai did, and then sell plugins - they have basicallly everything to do it - the market does want it - otherwise, the mpc wouldnt have that success. Allthough i am not really klicking with the mpc stuff, it has its useful aspects - so really want to see Elektrons take on it, especially if its more hands on, and allow a real hybrid workflow.

2 Likes

There was an EU Trade mark application published at EUIPO on 04/03/2024. In the European Union you can apply at national level to your industrial property office or at EU level to EUIPO depending your needs.

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/#/tmview/detail/EM500000018991829

Thing of note with this one is the owner is Abion AB, which is also in Göteborg. Guessing on behalf of E then since that seems to be part of the business offering. Makes me think there was more attempt to keep this under wraps but it’s public info at this point.

1 Like

Abion AB is a branding company, probably paid by Elektron to deal with trademark registration and maintenance. Abion - We empower your brand

3 Likes

I think a general purpose platform could be really interesting. And it probably stops second hand sales vampirising new sales as it feels like better value than buying takt and tone. And arguably more green. And people who want two boxes can still buy two boxes, they’re just general purpose. And that leads you into better integrated interaction between two boxes maybe.

3 Likes