New Elektron Box 2016

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out but on the Elektron website (the support page ) what does he have in his hands ??? its not the insides of any of my boxes? For starters the encoders are on the left and i think their are 10 , Am i seeing things ???

You’re not. But it’s nothing new. Somewhere deep in this abyss of a thread it was figured to be a mirrored A4.

1 Like

Cheers :wink:

Any news on when will be some news about the new box ?

sweet… first i was like, that poor soul and his beats headphones…but it kept getting better!

Hey, new user here. I have been a very happy Elektron user since 2011.
I own OT, AK, and AR.

In regards to the new box:
My question is, in the past the “intrigue lapse”, which is the period between the release of the teaser and the release of the product itself, was shorter, and a shorter waiting period seemed to me better suited to unleash a larger amount of purchases. In other words, you see the teaser, you get crazy GAS, you figure which credit cards to use, move kids to the public school, you save a bit, sell some crap, and there it is, the product is released and you put an order the first day/week/month.

But now it seems to me they are missing the train a bit. I did have some funds right when the teaser came out, and saved a little more, and would have been ready to buy it about three weeks ago, but as of today, i may buy myself some modular. Or a martin guitar…

This situation reminds me a bit of the “we have a surplus stock of MnMs and MDs stored and we don’t know what to do with them”, and then it took them three months to fulfill all the orders.

Just a reflection on Elektron marketing strategies as of late…

2 Likes

They will never time it when everyone is ready to spend. But I agree teasers can make people react in ways not intended, like spending on something else and not waiting.

To tease and not release is just bad form. The Elektrons know this.

Either they didn’t expect this frustration, or perhaps it’s not all that big of a deal. We’re a bunch of diehard forum users with vocal opinions, but there must be thousands of Elektron users who just get on with it.

Maybe the teaser was primarily for them.

3 Likes

I start saving now and give me one for christmas

oh elektron moog got my money

quick say what it is before my 14 day money back guarantee runs out

Which Moog did you get? I have been eyeing the Mother 32…

sub 37

totally love it! full daw integration, it can sound really electric while being raw. spoinky sound, 6db f& 18db filters which is great, syncable LFOs & envelopes, CV ins that map to anything… a bit 101 sounding with its square sub osc but big & rounder & moogier

can be deep, can be gnarly, can do boc-esque duophonic chords, big mono paddy sounds, funky bouncy electro basses. . like super funky. its also my first moog

librarian etc. I really like synths with editors & vst stuff. the elektrons, Pro2 etc.

4 Likes

Again : Elektron normaly brings out news on fridays. !!
So perhaps tomorrow ist the day of the days.
If not - they played their game too long.
Than I’m going to be pissed.

I think its OK, to tease and make the Fans nervous and excitet.
But I don’t wanna have the feeling of beeing treated like an idiot !

tm

3 Likes

Friday is weird day to release things. All that energy and excitement for the consumer carries into the weekend where all sorts of distractions arise. Likewise for the producer, they’ve got “work stuff” momentum cutting into their days off.

In my career in software I’ve learned to never ever release anything on a Friday – for obvious reasons. It’s best to start fresh early next week.

I have zero knowledge of the product or the timing, but it is summer in Sweden right now and at least some of the Elektron staff are on summer vacation.

If I had to guess, I would say that we are at least a few weeks from a full product announcement and at least a couple of months from the product being on sale. The reports we’ve heard have only said that it’s coming sometime this year.

Take a break from anticipation and enjoy your weekend!

11 Likes

Superb instrument, got mine recently too. Just been getting into using the A4’s sequencer to send CV modulations to it, years of fun to be had.

1 Like

yes yes !

mines at home, taking it into the studio tomorrow. ive got a nice setup now with x0x for acid, A4 for Hi-fi elektron stuff, pro 2 for loadsa colour palette, sub37 for ballsy moog, rytm & ms20 & modular for other weirdness.

some outboard fx, decent reverb, ssl clone compressor and a nice desk and its a decent lively pro sound.

really happy with the current modern synths

It is a great time for synths, the new Behringer looks pretty interesting too … if the price is right.

Really interested to see what Elektron will have to bring to the table, I guess something completely different like a step sequenced fx/mixer type device would be a smart move, given how well served we are for new synths these days.

it is a great time for synths. modular & polys all over the shop, reissues, amazing daws, hybrid ideas.

and VR round the corner so we can do weird collabs over the internets

related to the topic…

Hype Cycle

6 Likes