New Elektron Box 2016

A low(er) cost device that does nothing but sequence external MIDI notes and CC#s, with MIDI LFOs, a 64 step sequencer and probability triggs/fills. Nothing else like it on the market, and it could serve as an expansion to all current Elektron products.
Call it the “:3lektron: Syskon”.

2 Likes

Well it’s not so much a rumour since the information came from the mouths of official Elektron representatives, so take that as you will. Of course you don’t have to believe me…:sunglasses:

Hope I can hunt dinosaurs with it

something like a “base” analog filter machine where you can load load up digital machines to. several machines will be available for the base machine (granular synth, fm engine and whatnot). you can then buy the machine(s) you like and upload them to the base machine from the elektron-cloud :panda:

1 Like

“Syskon!”

That’s creative thinking.

1 Like

I’m only buying it if I can hunt dinosaurs with it. :crocodile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Elektron got into the modular game. Maybe an overbridge Euro Rack module to link your computer and modular? I would like to see Elektron make a euro rack case. I find cases are so expensive, if Elektron could make something semi affordable with a bunch of utility modules built-in that would be super rad.

2 Likes

How about a new update to the Octatrack concept? You still see Octactrack in many places, but there’s a real love/hate relationship with it so…why not?

I really wish Elektron would bring the DPS concept up to relative speed with what their Analog units have achieved and…the alternatives such as the forthcoming SP-16, and maybe a little bit of the deep functionality you get from the using Push 2, Maschine 2, and MPC Touch.

It is hard to see all of that happening in a hardware unit, but maybe they could come with a full blown sampler/music production center in the former path of the MPC.

Oh nooo? Are they failing? I got one a few weeks ago, with power adapter. Works great so far.

Guitar amps, gotta be guitar amps. Synthesizers are too passé these days. :smile_cat:

A small black brick with a USB port, containing an analogue synthesizer voice accessed through Overbridge. It’s a logical payoff after all the work they’ve put into Overbridge, and a nice concept to allow the purely-ITB musician access to a true analogue voice. Priced at 349, they’d sell bucketloads to a new customer base not interested in hardware interfaces/workflow.

3 Likes

since you asked :wink: i’m ready to hear what’s the new box. i’m one of those guys who got into elektron to get away from the computer, so i never really was that excited about overbridge, cool as it may be. on that note, i hope for a standalone mixer/recorder/effects unit. if i had to bet though i’d go for a sample(-based) instrument that doesn’t get in the way of the octatrack.

I can’t imagine an Elektron eurorack case being “affordable”. That said, I know Malekko are trying to get some affordable cases on the market this year, so maybe that will make it a bit more feasible.

1 Like

i hope they stay away from anything “true analog” or even modular in the future. catering to hypes is lame. in fact any of their sound engines have never been great. so i hope it’s either sample based like an OT2, or the mixer/fx device that some here ask for.

1 Like

no idea what it could be, but somehow I doubt it’s a mixer or something eurorack-related… but I don’t own a lot of gear so basically dunno because no personal need for any of that.

if the phrase “different than existing Elektron devices” is taken as “an entirely different concept”, that could turn out pretty interesting! Maybe a different type of sequencer etc…

but could just as well be the usual reassurance that it doesn’t replace any of the existing machines…?

TLDR: dunno 🤷 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the tip man, looks awesome!

Not sure if it’ll be entirely different from current Elektron machines, I was told that it wouldn’t interfere/replace the capabilities of the current machines, which tells me that it’ll be something that can be added to existing setups.

1 Like

So that will be a mixer, fx unit or a modular.

A mixer/sampler/sequencer compatable with overbridge would be pretty awesome. With a few line inputs and an overhub built in…? Just dreamin over here… :slight_smile:

A1, was thinking of that actualy, CV inputs only. Could be used as a A4 expander module or hooked up to those new mid//cv controller sequencers comming out.

1 Like